Multi Flour Chakli, Baked Snack Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 7895 times
Chakli is a jar snack that evokes pleasant memories of vacations spent with cousins at grandma’s place raiding the many snack jars in the pantry!
Over time, many of us have almost given up on these simple pleasures due to health concerns. Here is a healthy baked version of your favourite munchie.
The combination of three wholesome flours with pepper and til gives the Multiflour Chakli a wonderful taste and mouth-feel. The dough tends to get very dry, so every time you refill the chakli press with the dough, make sure you knead it again with around 1 tbsp. of water to make it soft.
Try other healthy jar snacks like Baked Whole Wheat Puris , Roasted Makhana and Baked Sev .
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 2 equal portions.
- Put 1 portion of the dough into a chakli press and press out round swirls of the dough onto a greased baking tray working closely from the centre to the outside of the swirls (approximately 37 mm. (1½") diameter). You will get 22 chaklis in all.
- The dough tends to get very dry so knead the other portion of the dough again with 1 tbsp. Of water or so to make it soft and repeat step 3 to make 22 more chaklis.
- Bake all the chaklis in a pre-heated oven at 180°c (360°f) for 15 minutes, turn them over and bake them again for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Cool completely and serve or store in an air-tight container and use as required.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per chakli
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.