Sprouted Moong and Methi Chila (100 Calorie Snacks)
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 62 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 28902 times
Suggested serving size for 100 calories: 1 chila
protein and vitamin rich, easy to digest sprouts are a must for dieters. These chila combine sprouts with methi to make a delightful dish rich in iron, fibre and folic acid.
- Combine the moong sprouts, green chillies, ginger and ½ cup of water and blend it in a mixer to a smooth paste.
- Transfer it to a bowl, add the fenugreek leaves, besan and salt and mix well to form a smooth batter. Keep aside.
- Heat 1 tsp of oil in a small non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When they crackle, add the asafoetida and mix well.
- Pour the tempering over the batter and mix well.
- Divide the batter into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
- Heat and grease a non-stick tava (griddle) using ¼ tsp of oil.
- Pour a portion of the batter on the tava (griddle) and spread it evenly, using a ladle to make a 125 mm (5”) diameter thin circle.
- Cook the chila, using ¼ tsp of oil, till both sides turn golden brown in colour.
- Repeat with the remaining batter to make 3 more chilas.
- Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.