by Tarla Dalal
Added to 119 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 44671 times
This is an easy to make rice delicacy, put together especially for South Indian food fans. This recipe makes use of cabbage and a tempering of urad dal, both ingredients being most popular in South Indian cooking.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan, add the mustard seeds and allow them to crackle.
- Add the urad dal, asafoetida, curry leaves and dry red chillies and cook for 1 minute till the urad dal turns pink.
- Add the onions and turmeric powder and cook for another minute.
- Add the cabbage, chana dal, salt and 1 tablespoon water and cook over a low flame for 5 minutes or till the cabbage is tender.
- Add the rice and lemon juice, mix well and cook covered for a few minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with the chopped coriander.
Nutrient values per serving
|102 gm.||29.4 gm.||3.9 gm.||157 kcal.||0.8 gm.||6.1 gm.|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.