Aloo Paratha, How To Make Aloo Paratha
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 358 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 369679 times
A must-try recipe, which is an indispensable part of north Indian cuisine, where it is enjoyed any time of the day, for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
Luscious whole wheat Parathas are stuffed with a succulent mixture of mashed potatoes flavoured perkily with green chillies, onions and all. A dash of amchur powder adds to the tanginess of the stuffing, making the Aloo Paratha a really tasty and satiating dish. Enjoy it fresh with curds and Pickles / Aachar .
Add your private note
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:
Makes 12 parathas
- Combine the whole wheat flour, ghee and salt in a bowl and mix well.
- Add enough water and knead into a semi-stiff dough. Keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a broad non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the green chillies, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the potatoes, salt, chilli powder, coriander, dry mango powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Divide the stuffing into 12 equal portions and keep aside.
- Divide the dough into 12 equal portions and roll a portion of the dough into a circle of of 100 mm. (4”) diameter circle.
- Place a little stuffing in the centre of the circle.
- Bring together all the sides in the centre and seal tightly.
- Roll again into a circle of 150 mm. (6”) diameter circle with a little flour.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook the paratha using a little ghee until golden brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Repeat with the remaining dough and stuffing to make 11 more parathas.
- Serve immediately with fresh curds.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.