Aloo Paratha Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 77188 times
Potato is everyone's favourite. This aloo partaha is filling and tasty and when eaten with pickle and curds it taste even better. A must try!!
Recipe Description for Aloo Paratha
- Combine the whole wheat flour, ghee and salt in a bowl and mix well.
- Add enough water and knead into a semi-stiff dough. Keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a broad non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the green chillies, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the potatoes, salt, chilli powder, coriander, dry mango powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Divide the stuffing into 12 equal portions and keep aside.
- Divide the dough into 12 equal portions and roll a portion of the dough into a circle of of 100 mm. (4”) diameter circle.
- Place a little stuffing in the centre of the circle.
- Bring together all the sides in the centre and seal tightly.
- Roll again into a circle of 150 mm. (6”) diameter circle with a little flour.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook the paratha using a little ghee until golden brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Repeat with the remaining dough and stuffing to make 11 more parathas.
- Serve immediately with fresh curds.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.