Yellow Moong Dal Paratha
by sonali de
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 18320 times
A very easy to prepare and very tasty.
- Clean, wash and soak moong dal in enough water for an hour. Drain and pressure cook the dal with 1 cup of water for 2 whistles.
- Keep aside to cool.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida and the cooked dal and saute till mixture is dry.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix well and cook till mixture becomes very dry. Keep aside to cool.
- Divide the dough into 12 equal portions.
- Take a portion make a small puri, place 2 tbsp of stuffing in center.
- Close from all sides and roll again into thick,round paratha.
- Heat a tava, place the dal paratha and cook on both sides by adding some oil.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by sonali de on 10 Dec 2012
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.