Vatana Makai Nu Shaak ( Jain Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 62 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 36364 times
Um, the magic starts with the simple tempering of cumin seeds and proceeds right through till the addition of soft and succulent coconut. Indeed, the Vatana Makai nu Shaak is one of the most flavourful ways to prepare green peas and sweet corn. While capsicum and tomatoes add volume and flavour to the recipe, ground peanuts lend an exciting crunch and nuttiness to the whole dish. Serve it hot and fresh with rotis or rice, as you wish.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the capsicum and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the peanuts, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 30 seconds, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the tomatoes, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the green peas, corn, green chilli paste, turmeric powder and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the coconut and ¼ cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.