Tamatar ki Chutney, Indian Tomato Chutney for Chaats
by Tarla Dalal
टमाटर की चटनी
- हिन्दी में पढ़ें (Tamatar ki Chutney, Indian Tomato Chutney for Chaats in Hindi)
Added to 605 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 111727 times
tamatar ki chutney recipe | tomato chutney for chaats | with 10 amazing images.
A tomato-based chutney with the zesty overtones of garlic and carom seeds, this tamatar ki chutney is a handy ingredient for desi food lovers. tomato chutney for chaats is quick and easy to make. We have prepared our famous Low Calorie Sev Puri recipe using this luscious tomato chutney .
Chutney's are made in every Indian household and each has their style of preparing it. Chutney's are basically condiments and dips and we show you how to make tomato chutney for chaat.
All we have done to prepare tamatar ki chutney is heat oil in a pan, added garlic, carom seeds and asafoetida. Carom seeds will add a nice flavor to our chutney. Further, we have added chopped tomatoes, along with tomato pulp, sugar and salt and cooked everything together. Cool and store tamatar ki chutney in air-tight container.
tomato chutney for chaats can be used to make chaats like Bhel Puri or Sev Puri, or innovatively used as a spread or dip too. You can make a batch of this chutney and store it for around three days in an airtight container in the fridge, and use it as and when required to add a revitalizing flavour to any snack!
Try other chutney recipes that can be used in making chaats like Sweet Chutney and Green Chutney.
Enjoy tamatar ki chutney recipe | tomato chutney for chaats | with detailed step by step recipe photos and video below.
- To make tamatar ki chutney, heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic, carom seeds and asafoetida and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the tomatoes, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the fresh tomato pulp, chilli powder, sugar and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 6 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Cool the tamatar ki chutney and store in an air-tight container and use as required.
Tamatar ki Chutney, Indian Tomato Chutney for Chaats recipe with step by step photos
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per tbsp
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.