Schezwan Fingers, Schezwan Vegetable Fingers
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 13951 times
schezwan fingers recipe | veg schezwan fingers | veg fried balls in schezwan sauce | Indo Chinese starter | with 20 amazing images.
schezwan fingers recipe is an Indo Chinese starter. This is an interesting and super delicious veg fried balls in schezwan sauce which will surely be a treat to your taste buds.
schezwan fingers are basically deep fried vegetable fritters or balls tossed in schezwan sauce.
To make veg schezwan fingers, we have combined veggies along with cornflour and plain flour made them into balls and deep fried them. Once the fingers are ready, we have tossed them in with spring onions and schezwan sauce. The veg schezwan fingers is quite spicy as we have used schezwan sauce twice, yet you can manage the spice according to your preference of spice.
Also, we have not used any water in the veg schezwan fingers as the addition of salt will retain water from the veggies and allow the mixture to bind easily.
The veg schezwan fingers can be made quickly and is hassle-free. Serve this veg fried balls in schezwan sauce as a party starter for your kids birthday or any other occasion and your guests are going to shower you with praises.
Tips to make schezwan fingers recipe. 1. Since the mixture will be a little sticky, grease your hands with a little oil so that the mixture does not stick to your hands. 2. Take a small portion of the mixture in one hand and shape it into an oval by rolling it between your palm and fingers. While shaping the fingers, keep greasing your hands with oil as and when required. 3. There is no need to add salt as the fingers and the sauce have salt already.
Try other such tasty starters like Paneer Potato and Corn Balls or Pasta Cheese Balls.
Learn how to make schezwan fingers recipe | veg schezwan fingers | veg fried balls in schezwan sauce | Indo Chinese starter | with detailed step by step photos and video below.
- To make schezwan fingers, combine the cabbage, carrot, french beans, coriander, 1 tbsp schezwan sauce, cornflour, plain flour and salt in a deep bowl and mix very well with hands.
- Divide the mixture into 22 equal portions and shape each portion into an oval by rolling it between your palms and fingers using a little oil. While shaping the fingers, keep greasing your hands with oil as and when required.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, and deep-fry a few fingers at a time on a medium flame, till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the spring onion whites and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the remaining schezwan sauce and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the deep-fried fingers, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Switch off the flame, add the spring onion greens and toss well.
- Serve the schezwan fingers immediately.
schezwan fingers video, veg fried balls in schezwan sauce
Schezwan Fingers, Schezwan Vegetable Fingers recipe with step by step photos
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.