Healthy Heart International Veg Recipes
healthy heart international recipes. When you think about International cuisines, creamy pastas, cheesy pizzas, nachos and deep-fried tortillas are the kind of dishes that flash into your mind. This might instantly make you dissociate these with a healthy, low-cal meal! Come, let us make the meal more fun, with heart-friendly, low-cal versions of these tasty international favourites like Falafel, Waldorf Salad, or Whole Wheat Pasta in Low Calorie White Sauce, etc. With a few smart variations, we make these recipes acceptable as occasional treats, to be enjoyed in limited quantities.
Healthy Heart International Snacks Recipes
Oatmeal and Spinach Crêpes with Ratatouille Stuffing
Originally plain flour (Maida) is used to make the tortilla dough of quesadilla but we have recreated quesadilla recipe and made it healthier by using whole wheat flour, try our recipe for Healthy Bean Quesadilla, a nutrient dense recipe. Paneer and Broken Wheat Patties in Whole Wheat Pita Pocket is a nutrient packed recipe rich in protein, calcium and fibre. All of these good for heart health. Are your cholesterol levels high? Then you must eat low calorie snacks like Lettuce Wraps that is loaded with fibre which helps to reduce the cholesterol levels.
Healthy Heart International Salad Recipes
Italian Style Tossed Salad
Use a combination of vegetables and fruits like how we created this healthy Waldorf-Salad, prepared using zero amount of oil and rich in fruit and vegetable anti-oxidants for heart protection. You can also add ingredients like boiled whole wheat pasta in your salads to make it filling just like our recipe for Pasta and Vegetable Salad, though it is low in calories it is quite filling and you will avoid eating in between meals.
Healthy Heart International Sweet Recipes
Strawberry Oats Pudding
Apple Crumble is one of its kind recipe which has a distinct flavour of stewed apples and cinnamon, cinnamon is also good for heart and should be included in your regular diet. Usually apple crumble is loaded with refined flour and fat. But our recipe has Also a source of omega-3 as it has good amounts of walnuts and almonds. Vegan Oats and Coconut Milk Pudding is a unique recipe with heart healthy ingredients like oats and coconut milk and can be had as a dessert or breakfast. Most of the international desserts are not a good source of fibre but we have a recipe for Hawaiian Fruit Bowl with Vanilla Cream which is a fibre rich, low fat and antioxidants rich recipe good for heart health.
What causes your heart to not work correctly?
There are 5 basic reasons why we have heart issues.
1. Belly fat : The more belly fat you have, the higher the risk of a heart attack. This shows wrong food habits, bad quality vegetable oil, sugar, maida, cornflour excess etc create this problem. High blood pressure in a major problem for your heart and also uncontrolled diabetes. Your diabetes is not solved by just popping pills. You need to change the way you eat. Wrong foods eaten lead to the inflammation of the arteries of your heart. Blockages in the arteries Blockages lead to heart attack and that is so easy to fix as simple as eating healthy. Remove inflammation in your body.
2. Eating processed foods : Avoid junk food and follow simple basic home cooked food. Stay away from refined vegetable oils. Opt for unfrefined oils like olive oil, coconut oil. You could also have cold pressed peanut oil in your cooking as that is available in India. Eat a healthy pyaz wali bhindi sabzi instead of going for a deep fried option. Also remember to wash your hands before you eat as they can carry infections. Your hands have opened doors, pressed lift buttons etc where others with infection may have touched them before. Thats how a virus can spread.
3. Always be active and get your exercises in : Yes, want a healthy heart then put in the effort. Even if you have a one hour workout and you are sitting for the next 9 hours, then your one hour workout is almost useless. Inactivity, sedentary lifestyle or sitting too long is the number one cause of inflammation and poor blood circulation in your system. Your heart needs two things, the right nutrients (eating wisely) and oxygen and both these are carried by your blood circulation. Blood circulation happens with movement. If your are in your office, then try and sit on a stool without a back rest and that will make you use your core and fire up your body. That is why we find new age workers wanting to stand at times the whole day while working at their desk.
Blood circulation is at its lowest when we are sitting or sedentary. 2 hours of watching TV may reduce heart healthy by 13% to 15% says Harvard study. There is a way to watch TV. Get up from your TV or pause and walk around or even better do some basic exrecises while watching TV. If you had an active day then nothing will happen by watching TV for 2 hours.
4. Smoking and Stress : The two s's. Common senses is stay away from your puff. Regarding stress, more stress makes more cortisol which creates more inflammation. That swells your arteries over time and leasds to a heart attack. Sort your stress out.
5. Lack of sleep : Your body needs 8 hours sleep. Sleep depravation and inflammation are linked with one another. If you are sleep deprived, then you are compromising your heart health. Stress is also a big issue for heart attack. More stress makes more cortisol which creates more inflammation.
Try our healthy heart international recipes and healthy heart recipes articles below.
Healthy Heart Accompaniments (20 recipes)
Healthy Heart Breakfast (25 recipes)
Healthy Heart Dals & Kadhis (31 recipes)
Healthy Heart Desserts (17 recipes)
Healthy Heart Drinks Beverages (19 recipes)
Healthy Heart Rice, Khichdi and Biryani (25 recipes)
Healthy Heart Rotis & Parathas (33 recipes)
Healthy Heart Salads Raitas (58 recipes)
Healthy Heart Soups (25 recipes)
Healthy Heart Starters Snacks (60 recipes)
Healthy Heart Subzis (41 recipes)