Falafel, Lebanese Falafel Stuffed in Pita Bread
by Tarla Dalal
- हिन्दी में पढ़ें (Falafel, Lebanese Falafel Stuffed in Pita Bread in Hindi)
Added to 311 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 232453 times
An all-time favourite Lebanese dish, Falafel can classify as a sumptuous snack or a meal in its own right depending on when you have it!
Here, unleavened pita bread is lined with tongue-tickling garlic chutney, topped with a tangy curd dressing and packed with scrumptious deep-fried ‘bullets’ made of a kabuli chana batter.
This Middle-Eastern delight is quite filling, and looks and tastes exotic as well, so you can serve it with tea or at a party too.
Serve the Falafel as soon as you assemble it, because it will get soggy if you let it soak in the dressing for too long.
Do try other recipes like Paneer and Broken Wheat Patties in Whole Wheat Pita Pocket or Mediterranean Pizza .
- Combine the kabuli chana, garlic, onions, parsley, coriander, mint leaves, cumin seeds powder and salt and blend in a mixer to a coarse mixture using approx. ¼ cup of water.
- Transfer the mixture into a bowl, add the baking powder and green chilli paste and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 18 equal portions.
- Shape a portion into a round ball and put in hot oil in a deep non-stick kadhai. Shape 5 more portions, into a ball and put it in the oil and deep-fry all 6 at a time in a batch till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides.
- Repeat step 4 to make 12 more balls in 2 more batches. Drain on an absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Cut a pita bread into two vertically and slit each halve to form a pocket.
- Brush each halve with little butter on both the sides.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle), and cook it on a medium flame till light brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Repeat steps 1 to 3 with the remaining pita breads.
- Take a pita bread halve, spread ½ tsp of garlic chutney evenly in it, add 1 tsp of tahini dip and place 2 bullets.
- Top it with 1½ tbsp of the prepared curd dressing, place 2 tomato halves and 1 tbsp of the shredded lettuce.
- Repeat steps 5 and 6 to make 8 more falafels.
- Serve immediately.
Falafel, Lebanese Falafel stuffed in Pita Bread Video
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.