Whole Wheat Pasta in Low Calorie White Sauce
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 218 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 66258 times
Satiating and delicious, the Whole Wheat Pasta in Low Calorie White Sauce is an exciting meal in a bowl. Full of veggies and whole wheat pasta, this dish is a power-packed and fibre-filled treat that helps reduce bad cholesterol. The colourful veggies, apart from adding visual appeal and a lovely crunch to the dish, also pool in ample nutrients. Antioxidant-rich capsicum, broccoli and carrots also prevent oxidative damage to the arteries. The best part is that all this goodness comes at a low calorie count. The white sauce in this luscious preparation is made using low-fat milk, with just a teaspoon of olive oil and wheat flour for thickening. Cook up this delectable treat occasionally to add an Italian touch to your meal.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the whole wheat flour, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes or till the wheat flour turns light brown in colour, while stirring continuously.
- Add the milk, mix well and cook on a medium flame for another 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the capsicum, broccoli, carrot, whole wheat pasta, salt, oregano and chilli flakes, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 more minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.