Palak Toovar Dal ( Iron Rich Recipes )
by Tarla Dalal
पालक तुवर दाल
- हिन्दी में पढ़ें (Palak Toovar Dal ( Iron Rich Recipes ) in Hindi)
Added to 78 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 51748 times
Rich in taste and nutrition, this Palak Toovar Dal is a healthful dish you can prepare frequently without any hassle, as it uses simple cooking methods and common ingredients. You just need to remember to soak the toovar dal earlier. The smart twist in this dal recipe is the addition of lemon juice, which lends a helping hand in absorbing the iron better.
- Clean, wash and soak the toovar dal in enough water in a deep bowl for 2 hours. Drain and keep aside.
- Combine the soaked and drained toovar dal, ginger, green chillies, turmeric powder, salt and 3 cups of water in a pressure cooker, mix well and pressure cook for 2 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Transfer the mixture in a deep non-stick pan, add the spinach, mix well and bring to boil. Keep aside.
- For the tempering, heat the oil in a small non-stick pan, add the cumin seeds, bayleaves, cloves, red chillies and asafoetida.
- When the seeds crackle, pour the tempering over the cooked dal.
- Add the chilli powder and coriander, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the lemon juice and mix well.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.