Methi Mathri By kams_
This recipe has been viewed 10251 times
Get ready to enjoy Punjabi methi mathri or Indian savory crackers(fried flaky biscuits) with pickle or chutneys. Discover how to prepare methi mathris with our easy and quick Punjabi mathri recipe with the dough mixed with chopped fenugreek leaves or methi leaves.
Add your private note
Methi Mathri By kams_ recipe - How to make Methi Mathri By kams_
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
- Take the flour in a bowl, add salt, carom seeds, kasoori methi and mix well.
- Add melted ghee and mix in well. add cold water and knead into a hard dough.
- Make around twenty to twenty four balls of even size and flatten them slightly. roll them into small puris and fold in half and then fold again to make a triangle. stick a clove at one corner making it appear like a pan (betel leaf parcel).
- Heat sufficient oil in a kadai. reduce the heat on attaining the frying temperature. add the mathris and fry till golden and crisp.
- You can also make them in round shape. lightly prick them with a fork so that the mathris do not rise like puris.
- Drain and let them cool. store in airtight tins.
This recipe was contributed by kams_ on 23 May 2003
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.