Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 8441 times
Kesari phirni is a kesar or saffron colored and flavoured sweet dish recipe, traditional to kashmir. The saffrom=n is soaked in milk and then added to boiling milk,sugar and rice flour mix. Serve kesari phirni garnished with chopped nuts.
- Boil the milk in a deep pan and keep aside.
- Add the rice flour in 1/2 cup of water and prepare a smooth paste.
- Add this paste to the milk gradually and bring it to a boil.
- Cook, while stirring continuously or till the mixture becomes thick.
- Add the cardamom powder and saffron, mix well and cook till the mixture becomes thick.
- Remove from the flame and add the sugar substitute.
- Pour the mixture in 4 individual earthen bowls while its still warm.
- Sprinkle nuts and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Serve chilled.
This recipe was contributed by paam on 27 Sep 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.