Kadai Mushroom Sabzi, Veg
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 56 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 65206 times
Kadai subzis are very famous in India and you can find one or couple of them featured in the menus of most Indian restaurants all over the world.
Kadai subzis feature koftas or veggies drowned in a rich and spicy gravy. In this case, we have used a combination of mushrooms, onions and capsicums, which are sautéed and then cooked with the tongue-tickling gravy to make a really flavour-packed Kadai Mushroom Subzi.
You can make the kadai gravy beforehand, and even stock some in your deep freezer, so you can whip you delectable subzis like this within minutes.
When served accompanied with Butter Naan, rice and Dal Makhani it gives you the satisfaction of having had a wholesome and tasty meal.
- Roast the coriander seeds and dry red chillies lightly on a non-stick tava (griddle) for 2 minutes.
- Cool slightly and blend in a mixer to a coarse powder. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the garlic, ginger and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the coarsely crushed powder and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the tomatoes and salt, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 8 to 9 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the kasuri methi and garam masala, mix well and cook on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Cool completely and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the capsicum and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the mushrooms, little salt and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the prepared kadai gravy and ½ cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes ,while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.