jowar palak appe recipe | instant jowar appe | healthy palak appe |
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 34 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 50811 times
jowar palak appe recipe | instant jowar appe | healthy palak appe | with 18 images.
jowar palak appe is a healthy South Indian snack. Learn to make instant jowar appe.
Irresistibly tempting, the Jowar Palak Appe is a real treat to the palate, while also being a nourishing snack for your body.
Rich in iron, fibre and other nutrients, jowar palak appe is quite easy to make and super tasty with the spiky flavour of ginger and green chillies.
instant jowar appe doesn't require any soaking, grinding or fermentation. You'll also like the fact that this appe requires very little oil to cook.
Instead of spinach, you can add other veggies too. Plus, the batter can also be used to make yummy dosas. Serve instant jowar appe hot and fresh with chutney.
Suggested Serving Size is 4 to 5 instant jowar appes.
Enjoy jowar palak appe recipe | instant jowar appe | healthy palak appe | with step by step photos.
- To make jowar palak appe, combine all the ingredients along with approx. ¾ cup of water in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Grease an appe mould with ¼ tsp of oil and put 1 tbsp of the batter into each of the 7 appe moulds.
- Cook using ½ tsp of oil till the lower surface becomes golden brown in colour, then turn each appe upside down using a fork and cook them till they turn golden brown in colour from the other side.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 to make 7 more appes in 1 more batch.
- Serve the jowar palak appe immediately.
Jowar Palak Appe recipe with step by step photos
like jowar palak appe recipe | instant jowar appe | healthy palak appe | then see our then see our collection of appe recipes and some recipes we love.
- pulse appe recipe | mixed pulse appe | dal vegetable rice appe | with 19 amazing images.
- rice appe recipe | paniyaram | South Indian rice appe | with amazing 32 images.
what is jowar palak appe made of ? see below image of list of ingredients for jowar palak appe.
In a deep bowl put 3/4 cup jowar (white millet) flour. Being high in Fibre, Jowar reduces bad cholesterol (LDL) and increases the effects of good cholesterol (HDL).
Add 1/2 cup finely chopped spinach (palak). Spinach is one of the richest plant sources of Iron and it should be part of a healthy diet for everyone.
Add 1 tsp finely chopped green chillies.
Add 1 tsp ginger (adrak) paste.
Add salt to taste. We added 1/4th tsp salt.
Gradually add 3/4th cup of water while making batter. We later added another 2 tablespoons water.
Mix well. Keep aside batter for jowar palak appe.
Batter for jowar palak appe.
To make jowar palak appe recipe | instant jowar appe | healthy palak appe | white millet appe | grease an appe mould with ¼ tsp of oil.
Put 1 tbsp of the batter into each of the 7 appe moulds.
Cook on medium heat for 2 minutes.
Grease the sides with of the appe with a brush.
Turn each appe upside down using a spoon or wooden appe stick.
Flip and cook till they turn golden brown in colour from the other side. The second side shoud cook very quickly. white millet appe is ready.
Serve jowar palak appe | instant jowar appe | healthy palak appe | hot with chutney.
Grease appe mould with a brush as it gets greased well and evenly which is very important.
Always cook on a medium flame or else they will not cook well and may also get burnt.
Jowar palak appe rich in
- Vitamin A rich recipes, Beta Carotene : Vitamin A is crucial for healthy vision, cell growth and healthy skin. 12% of RDA. Sources of vitamin A include yellow-orange fruits and vegetables like carrots, mango, papaya, peach, tomatoes, pumpkin etc. and other vegetables like spinach, kale, fenugreek leaves, broccoli, capsicum etc.
- Magnesium : Magnesium is required for formation of bones and teeth. It helps in the metabolism of calcium and potassium. 12% of RDA.
- Protein : Protein is required for the managing the wear and tear of all cells of the body. 8% of RDA.
- Folic Acid (Vitamin B9): Folic acid is an essential vitamin required throughout pregnancy. 8% of RDA.
- Vitamin C : Vitamin C is a great defence against coughs and colds. 8% of RDA.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per appe
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.