Herbal Green Goddess
This recipe has been viewed 7221 times
The real secret lies in the addition of medicinal herbs to our daily diet which takes care of our system from the inside. Not many of us will say yes to some weird looking, savoury curry tasting liquid which has a touch of harsh flavour or bitterness to it.
- Wash the leaves and chop them finely. Add 1 cup water and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste.
- Add another 1 cup water and blend again.
- Strain and keep aside.
- Take the sugar in a bowl, add 2 cups warm water and mix well till sugar dissolves.
- Strain and add it to the juice extracted from the leaves along with the tender coconut water.
- Mix well and refrigerate till served.
- Serve chilled.
- 1. This juice is best when served with in 1/2 hour of preparing it. Keeping the juice at room temperature for a long time will change the flavour of the drink to an unpleasant one.
- 2. Keep the tender coconut water refrigerated until mixing. The amount of sugar given for this recipe will impart a mild sweetness to the drink but if you wish to have a sweet drink, increase the amount of sugar to 9-10 tbsp.
- 3. You can use either one of the three herbs or a combination of either two varieties or vary the proportions of each of the herb.
This recipe was contributed by shalinivenkatesh on 19 Apr 2012
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.