Green Peas Ice Cream with Pista Crunch
by NEENA SAVLA
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
This recipe has been viewed 3468 times
Peas and Ice Cream Lovers will go crazy. A perfect combination of fresh green peas with crunchy munchy Pista Crunch. Any time most welcomed dessert be it winter or summer. Fresh Peas are stored for year long so this ‘GREEN PEAS ICE CREAM WITH PISTA CRUNCH’ can be enjoyed in hot summer days too.
- Grease a thali or plate with oil. Keep aside.
- In a pan melt the castor sugar till light golden. Remove from heat , add pistachios and quickly mix well.
- Pour into the greased plate and spread with the back of the spoon. Allow to cool. Break into small small pieces and store in an air tight box till required.
- Blend the green peas and 1 cup milk in a mixer to a smooth puree.
- Boil the remaing milk till it reduces a little. Add green peas puree and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add condensed milk, bread and mix well. Allow to cool.
- Add green colour, pista essence and blend in a mixier.
- Pour this in a airtight container and freeze in the freezer compartment of the refrigertator for 5-6 hours or until set.
- Cut the set ice-cream into pieces, add the unbeaten whipped cream and whip with an electric hand blender till fluffy.
- Pour this mixture in an air tight container , sprinkle 2-3 tablespoons of pista crunch and mix lightly.
- Keep to set in the freezer compartment of the refrigerator for 6 to 8 hours.
- Scoop the ice cream and serve in individual bowls topped with remaining pista crunch pieces.
This recipe was contributed by NEENA SAVLA on 24 Feb 2016
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.