Added to 22 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 14786 times
This recipes is a complete meal for breakfast.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the onions and saute till they turn golden brown in colour.
- Add the chilli powder and 2 tbsp water and saute till the mixture becomes dry.
- Add the ginger, garlic, green chillies, curry leaves and coriander powder, mix well and saute for 3 minutes.
- Add the tomato puree and salt, mix well and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the soaked channa dal and 2 cups of water and pressure cook for 2 whistles.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and keep aside.
- Combine all the ingredients, mix well and knead into a soft dough.
- Divide the dough into equal portions and roll out each portion into small puris.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep fry each puri till they turn golden brown and crisp.
- Drain on an absorbent paper and serve hot with prepared dal.
This recipe was contributed by Binaca on 27 Jul 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.