Crunchy Drops, Methi Bajra Crispies
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 89 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 198097 times
crunchy drops recipe for toddlers and kids | methi bajra crispies | bajra millet crackers with sesame seeds | methi bajra crackers | with 25 amazing images.
Crunchy drops is a delicious snack for packed lunch which your child will surely enjoy in his play school! Methi bajra crispies is a finger food which is made with easily available ingredients. Learn how to make bajra millet crackers with sesame seeds.
To make methi bajra crackers, you need to soak 2 tbsp of yellow moong dal for about half hour. Drain and it and combine it with wheat flour, bajra flour, methi leaves and a few spices along with sugar, lemon juice and salt and mix well. Knead into a semi-stiff dough using some water. Then roll a portion of the dough and using a tear drop cookie cutter separate out drops from the dough. Finally deep fry them in hot oil till they turn golden brown in colour.
Do not miss out on adding sugar and lemon juice to these methi bajra crispies as they help balancing the flavours of bajra flour and methi leaves. As an alternative to bajra flour, you can use any other flour of your choice like jowar flour, oats flour or ragi flour.
These bajra millet crackers with sesame seeds serve as a great option for homemade food for short tiffin box. Though they are deep-fried, but it’s a sneak way of adding healthy flours and veggies to your kids diet. If you wish you can place them on a greased baking try and bake too.
Let you kids enjoy crunchy drops recipe for toddlers and kids | methi bajra crispies | bajra millet crackers with sesame seeds | methi bajra crackers | with step by step photos.
- Combine all the ingredients together in a bowl and knead into semi-stiff dough adding enough water. Cover with a damp muslin cloth and keep aside for 25 to 30 minutes
- Knead the dough again using oil till smooth.
- Divide into 3 equal portions and roll a portion into a 150 mm. (6”) diameter circle.
- Cut drop shapes using a cookie cutter or any other mould and use the scrape dough with the remaining 2 portions to make more drops.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan and deep fry, a few drops at a time, till they turn golden brown in colour.
- Drain the crunchy drops on absorbent paper and cool completely.
- Serve or store the crunchy drops in an airtight container.
Crunchy Drops, Methi Bajra Crispies recipe with step by step photos
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.