How many calories does one Vegetarian Hot Dog have?
One Vegetarian Hot Dog gives 442 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 223 calories, proteins account for 44 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 186 calories. One Vegetarian Hot Dog provides about 22 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
Click here to view. Vegetarian Hot Dog recipe. vegetarian hot dog recipe | Indian style vegetarian hot dog roll | veg hot dog .
vegetarian hot dog is an Indian style vegetarian hot dog which is made of hot dog rolls, potatoes, cheese, veggies, rajma beans and chatpata spices.
Indian style vegetarian hot dog is a scrumptious and filling snack ! vegetarian hot dog is made with products that do not use animal meat, here we have made sausages out of vegetables and made these hot dogs.
The tava-cooked veg hot dog roll is made of yummy ingredients ranging from potatoes and veggies to rajma and cheese. Being tava-cooked, it has an awesome flavour and mildly crisp texture too.
Packed inside a hot dog roll along with luscious and flavourful mayonnaise and tongue-tickling sauces, Indian style vegetarian hot dog roll becomes a fantabulous snack that none can resist!
Notes on fantabulous vegetarian hot dog. 1. Also add the boiled and mashed rajma (kidney beans). For this, soak the rajma overnight and pressure cook it. Then drain the excess water and mash the beans with the help of a potato masher. 2.The bread is broken into tiny pieces before adding. This provides the proper binding needed to form the hot dog sausages.
You can also try other hot dog recipes like Schezuan Fries Hot Dog Sandwich or Stuffed Hot Dog Rolls.
Is Vegetarian Hot Dog healthy?
No, this is not healthy. Let's see why.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Onions (pyaz, kanda) : Raw onions are a very valuable source of vitamin C – the immune building vitamin. Along with other phytonutrients from onions, it helps to build WBC (white blood cells) which serves as a line of defence against illness. Yes, it’s a source of many antioxidants, the most important one amongst them being Quercetin. The quercetin in Onions promotes production of HDL (good cholesterol) and lowers total cholesterol in the body. The sulphur in onions act as a blood thinner and prevents blood clotting too. This in turn would lower blood pressure and good for heart, diabetics. Read the benefits of onions.
2. Capsicum (Bell Peppers) : Rich in vitamin C, capsicum protect and maintain the lining of the heart. Low glycemic index (40) colourful capsicum are immune boosters. Colourful capsicums are not only visually appealing but also good for your eyes too, as they contain antioxidant Lutein, which protects the eye from cataracts and degeneration of the eye. Capsicum is high in Folate or folic acid, which is important for rapid growth and multiplication of red blood cells and white blood cells in the bone marrow. See detailed benefits of capsicum.
3. Carrots (gajjar) : Carrots have the nutrient Beta Carotene which is a form of Vitamin A, helps prevent deterioration of the eye as one gets older and prevents night blindness. Carrot is great for the eyes.They relieve constipation, lower blood pressure, have fibre and lower cholesterol. Read the 11 super benefiits of carrots and why to include in your daily diet.
4. French Beans ( Fansi ) : French Beans is rich in folic acid. A deficiency of folic acid can also lead to anaemia, as like iron they are equally necessary to make red blood cells. Without enough folic acid, you can get easily tired. Pregnant women can also benefit from its folic acid count. It’s effective to achieve weight loss, overcome constipation, control blood sugar levels, treat high cholesterol as well as prevent cancer. See here for detailed 15 benefits of french beans.
5. Tomatoes : Tomatoes are extremely rich source of Lycopene. Tomatoes are a powerful antioxidant, super rich in Vitamin C, good for heart. Tomatoes are a Pregnant women's friend and are rich in Folate or Folic Acid which helps your body to produce and maintain new cells, especially red blood cells. Read about 13 amazing benefits of tomatoes.
6. Rajma : One cup of cooked kidney beans has 26.2% of your daily Magnesium requirements. Rajma is a complex carb and rich in Fibre which helps in Lowering Cholesterol levels. Rajma is rich in Potassium which is critical for those with High Blood Pressure as it lessens the impact of sodium. Eating rajma is good for diabetics due to being a fiber rich food. See here for 10 health benefits of rajma and why you should eat it.
What's the problem?
1. Potatoes (Aloo) : Potatoes being high in simple carbohydrates will lead to weight gain and are not good for people with diabetes, heart problem and obesity. Potatoes are recommended for malnourished children and people with low weight. See full details on why potatoes are bad for you.
2. Vegetable Oils : To some vegetable oil is only soyabean oil, while some promote it as a mix of oils like soyabean, canola, sunflower, corn and other omega-6 rich oils. These are often cheaper options than many oils, but they are highly processed oils. They are undoubtedly not to be reached out for, whether you are looking for salad dressings, sautéing or cooking. The 5 best oils used in cooking are olive oil (low temperature short time cooking), avocado oil, canola oil, coconut oil and peanut oil. You must read the super article to find the facts of which oil is the healthiest avoid vegetable oil.
3. Mayonnaise : Mayonnaise is made up of of 1 cup vegetable oil and hence very high fat levels + eggs which are healthy. Vegetable oils are not very healthy for your body which will cause inflammation and stop the fat buring process. You are better of using olive oil or peanut oil as they are higher in MUFA.
4. Processed Cheese : Switch from processed cheese to block cheese as that is healthy.
5. Plain flour (maida) : This recipe uses plain flour or maida to make hot dog rolls, which is refined carb not suitable for healthy lifestyle. Maida consumption in any food should be totally avoided or just a little bit of usage as any consumption of this will cause a larger spike in blood levels which is not good for diabetics, heart patients. The development of prediabetes comes from uncontrolled eating sugar and refined food products for many years and the classic symptom is if you have excess belly fat. This leads to diabetes and further onwards to heart attack, high blood pressure, strokes, impotence and kidney damage. Read is maida good for you to understand fully.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Vegetarian Hot Dog?
No, this is not healthy. Let's see why. This recipe uses plain flour or maida to make hot dog rolls, which is refined carb not suitable for healthy lifestyle. Maida consumption in any food should be totally avoided or just a little bit of usage as any consumption of this will cause a larger spike in blood levels which is not good for diabetics, heart patients.
What is a healthy toast option to have?
We suggest you try homemade almond bread made without eggs and toast it. A good option is toasted almond bread with avocado which is a perfect gluten free breakfast option. Whole wheat bread is better choice than white bread made from refined plain flour to make toast like mixed sprouts open toast, oats moong toast, cottage cheese tomato and chutney sandwich or creamy alfalfa sprouts and apple on toast.
Mixed Sprouts Open Toast
Can healthy individuals have Vegetarian Hot Dog?
No. Recipes also used mayonaisse and potatoes which is also not healthy.
8 Pointers to get healthy on a Indian diet
1. Eat healthy and say yes to good home cooked food. Prefer whole grains like oatmeal, quinoa, buckwheat, barley and healthy flours like bajra flour, jowar flour, quinoa flour, wheat flour etc. rather than refined ones like maida. Have healthy Indian fats like ghee, coconut, coconut oil in your diet.
2. Opt out of junk food, packaged food, deep fried foods. Prefer steamed snacks and other non-fried snacks. Check out some Healthy Indian Snacks. Remember to eat small frequent meals through the day as that will keep you always full and prevent your blood sugar from dropping. By starving your body through some diet, will not help you one bit. In fact, dieting will make you binge on 2 to 3 meals which is not good.
Skip having Indian junk foods like pav bhaji, bata vada, pakoras, gulab jamun as they cause your body to have insulance resistance. The resultant is your body will store more carbohydrates as fats, causing storage of fat in the stomach causing a paunch and slowing down of our fat burning process. So its a bad cyle which causes you more more hunger and fatigue every time you eat junk food.
3. Have 4 to 5 servings of vegetables and 2 to 3 servings of fruit is a must. Follow the logic of a vegetable in each main meal of the day and a fruit in-between meals. Check out a few Healthy Indian Soups and Healthy Indian Salads recipes using this food group.
4. Cut down on sugar and salt in your diet and pick honey ( very small amounts) or dates to sweeten your food. Slowly cut the sugar habit as this is not going to happen over night. Sugar is also called white poison. It is a simple carbohydrate with zero nutritional value. On intake, sugar will cause inflammation of the body which will last for many hours. It will spike your blood sugar level and shut down the fat burning process. This also causes high blood sugar levels in your body. The development of prediabetes comes from uncontrolled eating sugar and refined food products for many years and the classic symptom is if you have excess belly fat. This leads to diabetes and further onwards to heart attack, high blood pressure, strokes, impotence and kidney damage.
Salt and blood pressure. Apart from stress and obesity, one of the main reasons for high blood pressure is excessive sodium and salt intake. Most people find it difficult to limit the amount of salt in their cooking, thinking it will affect the taste of their favourite dishes.
This is not true. Bajra and jowar are rich in potassium and critical for those with High Blood Pressure as it lessens the impact of sodium. Eating more Potassium Rich Foods will remove more sodium from your body through urine. So include the basic bajra roti and jowar roti in your daily diet to have with Lower Blood Pressure Subzis Recipes.
5. Befriend a few healthy seeds and nuts like chia seeds, flax seeds, sesame seeds, walnuts and almonds. Stress. The easiest way to kill your immune system is chronic stress.
6. Sprouts are called ‘living food’. They are high is most nutrients and easy to digest as well. Let them feature in your meals at least thrice a week. Also Read : All Benefits about Sprouts.
7. Exercise 45 minutes every day. No excuse. You can walk fast, run, do weights, play your favourite sport or go to the gym. No activity reduces muscle tissue which will lead to muscke loss and all kinds of problems with that. Workout builds immunity and keeps virus or bugs away.
8. Sleep early and get up early. Get your body into rhythm and it will function best. Sleep helps your body to recover and makes you look much younger. Also getting good sleep prevent muscle loss, builds immunity and keeps virus or bugs away.
Vegetarian Hot Dog is high in
1. Protein : Protein is required for the managing the wear and tear of all cells of the body.
2. Vitamin B1 : Vitamin B1 protects nerves, helps in carbohydrate metabolism, prevents heart diseases and helps produce red blood cells.
3. Vitamin C : Vitamin C is a great defence against coughs and colds.
4. Calcium : Calcium is a mineral that makes bones stay strong. Required from kids to adults.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 442 calories that come from Vegetarian Hot Dog?
Walking (6 kmph) = 2 hrs 13 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 44 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 59 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 1 hr 16 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.