How many calories does one glass of Mint Chaas have?
One glass Mint Chaas of gives 79 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 20 calories, proteins account for 15 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 44 calories. One glass of Mint Chaas provides about 4 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
See Mint Chaas recipe. Mint or pudina, as it is better known in India is known for its cooling properties world over. We've all seen mint milkshakes and ice creams and mint flavoured chocolates. But there's nothing that can top a mint flavoured chaas!
Is Mint Chaas healthy?
Yes, this is healthy. But restrictions apply to some.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Mint Leaves (Pudina) : Mint (pudina) being an anti-inflammatory reduces the inflammation in the stomach and shows a cleansing effect. Sipping on a healthy drink like fresh mint and lemon tea is the best option to overcome nausea for mums-to-be. Moreover it's vitamin A (10% of RDA) and vitamin C (20.25%) serve as an additional boost to bring relief from cough, sore throat and also cold. See here for detailed benefits of mint leaves.
2. Curd + Low fat Curds : Curds help in digestion as it has very good bacteria. Probiotics in curds acts as a mild laxative but, in case of diarrhoea and dysentery, it is a boon, if curd is used with rice.They help in weight reduction, good for your heart and build immunity. The only difference between curds and low fat curds is the fat level. Read the benefits of curds to include in your daily diet.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Mint Chaas ?
Yes for diabetics BUT use low fat curds. Yes for heart but use low fat curds. Yes weight loss as its low in calories. Mint (pudina) being an anti-inflammatory reduces the inflammation in the stomach and shows a cleansing effect. Sipping on a healthy drink like fresh mint and lemon tea is the best option to overcome nausea for mums-to-be.
Can healthy individuals have Mint Chaas?
Yes, this is a healthy low carb Indian drink with no sugar or honey added.
Carrot, Tomato and Beetroot Juice is good for
1. Healthy heart juices, drinks
2. Low cholesterol juices, drinks
3. Athletes juices and smoothies
4. Healthy juices and smoothies for breakfast
5. Healthy food for kids
6. Low carb juices, drinks, smoothies
Mint Chaas is high in
1. Calcium : Calcium is a mineral that makes bones stay strong. Required from kids to adults.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 79 calories that come from Mint Chaas?
Walking (6 kmph) = 24 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 8 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 11 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 14 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.