How many calories does one serving of Low Fat Carrot Halwa, Healthy Gajar Halwa have?
One serving of Low Fat Carrot Halwa, Healthy Gajar Halwa gives 48 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 38 calories, proteins account for 8 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 2 calories. One serving of Low Fat Carrot Halwa, Healthy Gajar Halwa provides about 2 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
Click here to view Low Fat Carrot Halwa / Gajar Halwa recipe | low fat carrot halwa recipe | healthy gajar ka halwa | low fat Indian carrot pudding | with 14 amazing images.
low fat carrot halwa recipe is a healthy gajar ka halwa. The trick to this low fat Indian carrot pudding is to use low fat milk and dates as the sweetener.
Everybody loves to savour the traditional flavours of homemade mithais. If it includes a dose of good health, then it becomes all the more desirable and enjoyable, without guilt!
Here is an easy way to make tasty, low calorie gajar halwa, which is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth. With the rich hue of carrots, the luxuriant taste of milk and the aesthetic touch of cardamom, this low fat carrot halwa is a really irresistible treat. If you are watching weight this healthy gajar ka halwa is definitely for you.
Gajar ka halwa recipe has a traditional charm that continues to please every generation of Indians! Here is a quick and healthy gajar ka halwa recipe made using the pressure cooker.
Packed with fresh carrots, this classic healthy gajar ka halwa provides you with plenty of vitamin A. We have sweetened the Low-Fat Carrot Halwa with iron-rich dates and completely avoided white sugar. This not only reduces the fat but also boosts the health quotient.
Each and every ingredient used to make low fat gajar ka halwa is healthy and so you can relish it without guilt.
You can also try other tasty but low-fat treats like the Sugar Free Shrikhand and the Low-Fat Kulfi with Strawberry Sauce.
Is Low Fat Carrot Halwa Healthy?
Yes, low fat gajjar halwa is healthy. Are you on a low calorie diet but cannot control your sugar cravings. Traditional recipes for Indian sweets and desserts usually loaded with fats and sugar and are calorie dense.
This recipe of Low Fat Carrot Halwa is prepared using low fat fat milk to cut down on calories. Dates are used in this recipe to naturally sweeten it and refined sugars are avoided which makes this recipe a healthy one. And the most important thing is that this recipe does not contain any sort of fat like ghee or butter.
Low Fat Carrot Halwa is a good source of Vitamin A, Calcium and Phosphorus. As the name suggests it is wonderfully low in calories and good for weight watchers.
Made from low fat milk, carrots and dates.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Carrots : Carrots have the nutrient Beta Carotene which is a form of Vitamin A, helps prevent deterioration of the eye as one gets older and prevents night blindness. Carrot is great for the eyes.They relieve constipation, lower blood pressure, have fibre. Read the 11 super benefiits of carrots and why to include in your daily diet.
2. Milk and Low Fat Milk : 1 cup of milk provides 70% of the Recommended Daily Allowance of Calcium. Milk promotes strong bones. Milk low in carbs and therefore does not raise blood glucose levels. One cup of Milk gives 10 grams of carbs. Low fat milk has lower fat and the same benefits of milk.
3. Dates (Khajur) : 1 cup of dates (90 gm) gives around 8.05 gm of fiber and will lower down the cholesterol level and will also aid in weight loss. A cup of dates contain 703 mg of potassium (14.95% of RDA) which helps in the regulation of blood pressure and also prevents formation of kidney stones. Dates have a low glycemic index from 43 to 55 depending on the variety, so they are a boon to diabetics to satisfy their sweet tooth. See details for 8 super benefits of dates.
4. Ghee : Other than calories and fats, the only nutrients that ghee is rich in are the vitamins – all of which are fat-soluble. All the 3 vitamins (Vitamin A, Vitamin E and Vitamin K) are antioxidants which have a role in removing free radicals from the body and protecting our cell as well as help in maintaining skin health and glow. Ghee is an excellent, high-quality selection medium of cooking because of its high smoke point. As compared to most oils and butter, ghee can handle a smoke point of 230°C, 450°F, thus its less prone to oxidant and destruction of nutrients. Yes, ghee does contain cholesterol, but some amount of cholesterol is needed by the body.
Cholesterol has some functions to play too. It is necessary for hormone production, brain function, cell health and lubricating the joints. It is, in reality, a high quality fat for the body and brain. Ghee is loaded with fats but that’s medium chain fatty acids (MCT) which aid in weight loss. Ghee is healthy for daibetics in small amounts and you need to check your fat intake at the same time. Learn to easily make your ghee at home which is free of preservatives. See benefits of ghee.
Note : 1 cup = 200 ml (standard cup available in the market). The weight in grams varies for each ingredient.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Low fat carrot halwa?
Yes, this is super for diabetics. Dates have fibre and lower cholesterol and aid in weight loss. Dates have a low glycemic index from 43 to 55 depending on the variety, so they are a boon to diabetics to satisfy their sweet tooth. So this recipe uses dates as the sweetener. Yes, ghee does contain cholesterol, but some amount of cholesterol is needed by the body.
Cholesterol has some functions to play too. It is necessary for hormone production, brain function, cell health and lubricating the joints. It is, in reality, a high quality fat for the body and brain. Ghee is loaded with fats but that’s medium chain fatty acids (MCT) which aid in weight loss. Ghee is healthy for daibetics in small amounts and you need to check your fat intake at the same time.
Can healthy individuals have low fat gajjar halwa?
Yes, this is super healthy. Go ahead and enjoy this Low calorie Indian dessert recipe.
Low Fat Gajjar Halwa is good for
1. Healthy Lifestyle
2. Weight Loss
4. Heart Patients
Low Fat Carrot Halwa is high in
1. Vitamin A : Vitamin A is crucial for healthy vision, cell growth and healthy skin.
2. Phosphorous : Phosphorous works closely with calcium to build bones.
3. Fiber : Dietary fiber reduce the risk of heart disease, prevent the spike in blood sugar levels and hence super for diabetics. Consume more fruits, vegetables, moong, oats, matki, whole grains.
4. Calcium : Calcium is a mineral that makes bones stay strong. Required from kids to adults.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
8 Pointers to get healthy on a Indian diet
1. Eat healthy and say yes to good home cooked food. Prefer whole grains like oatmeal, quinoa, buckwheat, barley and healthy flours like bajra flour, jowar flour, quinoa flour, wheat flour etc. rather than refined ones like maida. Have healthy Indian fats like ghee, coconut, coconut oil in your diet.
2. Opt out of junk food, packaged food, deep fried foods. Prefer steamed snacks and other non-fried snacks. Check out some Healthy Indian Snacks. Remember to eat small frequent meals through the day as that will keep you always full and prevent your blood sugar from dropping. By starving your body through some diet, will not help you one bit. In fact, dieting will make you binge on 2 to 3 meals which is not good.
3. Have 4 to 5 servings of vegetables and 2 to 3 servings of fruit is a must. Follow the logic of a vegetable in each main meal of the day and a fruit in-between meals. Check out a few Healthy Indian Soups and Healthy Indian Salads recipes using this food group.
4. Cut down on sugar and salt in your diet and pick honey ( very small amounts) or dates to sweeten your food. Slowly cut the sugar habit as this is not going to happen over night. Sugar is also called white poison. It is a simple carbohydrate with zero nutritional value. On intake, sugar will cause inflammation of the body which will last for many hours. It will spike your blood sugar level and shut down the fat burning process. This also causes high blood sugar levels in your body. The development of prediabetes comes from uncontrolled eating sugar and refined food products for many years and the classic symptom is if you have excess belly fat. This leads to diabetes and further onwards to heart attack, high blood pressure, strokes, impotence and kidney damage.
Salt and blood pressure. Apart from stress and obesity, one of the main reasons for high blood pressure is excessive sodium and salt intake. Most people find it difficult to limit the amount of salt in their cooking, thinking it will affect the taste of their favourite dishes.
This is not true. Bajra and jowar are rich in potassium and critical for those with High Blood Pressure as it lessens the impact of sodium. Eating more Potassium Rich Foods will remove more sodium from your body through urine. So include the basic bajra roti and jowar roti in your daily diet to have with Lower Blood Pressure Subzis Recipes.
5. Befriend a few healthy seeds and nuts like chia seeds, flax seeds, sesame seeds, walnuts and almonds.
6. Sprouts are called ‘living food’. They are high is most nutrients and easy to digest as well. Let them feature in your meals at least thrice a week. Also Read : All Benefits about Sprouts.
7. Exercise 45 minutes every day. No excuse. You can walk fast, run, do weights, play your favourite sport or go to the gym.
8. Sleep early and get up early. Get your body into rhythm and it will function best. Sleep helps your body to recover.
How to burn 48 calories that come from one serving of Low Fat Carrot Halwa?
|Walking (6 kmph) =
|Running (11 kmph) =
|Cycling (30 kmph) =
|Swimming (2 kmph) =
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual