How many calories does one Green Garlic Multigrain Roti have?
One Green Garlic Multigrain Roti gives 67 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 46 calories, proteins account for 8 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 15 calories. One Green Garlic Multigrain Roti provides about 3 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
See Green Garlic Multigrain Roti recipe. green garlic roti recipe is a green garlic multigrain roti made of 3 healthy flours. Jowar flour, bajra flour and whole wheat flour along with green garlic make this a healthy green garlic roti which can be had with some curds.
Green garlic is abundantly available in Indian winter and this is an amazing way to include in your regular diet. In green garlic roti, green garlic has a milder flavour compared to dried garlic, and this makes it appealing to even those who are not very fond of garlic.
To make green garlic roti recipe is very easy and quick. Combine the 3 flours, green garlic, coriander and salt and knead into a soft dough using enough warm water. Divide the dough into 5 equal portions. Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook the green garlic roti using ¼ tsp of oil and cook till it turns golden brown in colour from both the sides. Serve immediately.
In green garlic multigrain roti the most peculiar benefit of green garlic is due to its active ingredient, allicin. This works as a powerful antioxidant to boost your immune system and prevent against common infections like cough and cold as well as chronic diseases like cancer and lowering blood pressure. To add to this goodness, we have also used fibre-richflours like jowar and bajra to make the green garlic roti a superb food. When fresh garlic is not in season, used finely-chopped regular garlic or garlic paste.
Is Garlic Rotis, Green Garlic Multigrain Roti, healthy?
Yes, this is healthy. But restrictions apply to some. this green garlic roti is healthy as its made of 3 healthy flours, jowar, bajra and whole wheat flour. Whats better is that this roti is specially made for those with high blood pressure.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1.Jowar Flour : Jowar is a complex carb and will be absorbed slowly in the blood stream and not cause a spike in insulin. Jowar and all Millets are rich in Potassium. Potassium is critical for those with High Blood Pressure as it lessens the impact of sodium. Hence a good safe food for diabetics but to be had in restricted quantity and safe for those who want to live and eat healthy. Being high in Fibre, Jowar reduces bad cholesterol (LDL) and increases the effects of good cholesterol (HDL). See 17 benefits of jowar and why you should have it.
2. Bajra flour : Bajra flour is high in protein and is a complete protein for vegetarians when combined with dal. So as a Vegetarian, include bajra in your diet. Bajra is a great option for those on a gluten free diet. Bajra is rich in Magnesium which improves insulin response by lowering insulin resistance which is good for Diabetics and healthy heart but to be had in restricted quantity and had with low fat curds or raita to minimise the carb impact. See here for the 18 benefits of bajra flour and why you should have it.
3. Whole Wheat flour : Whole wheat flour is excellent for diabetics as they will not shoot up your blood sugar levels as they are a low GI food. Whole wheat flour is rich in Phosphorus which is a major mineral which works closely with calcium to build our bones. Vitamin B9 helps your body to produce and maintain new cells, especially increase red blood cells. See detailed 11 benefits of whole wheat flour and why it's good for you.
4. Green Garlic (hara lahsun) : The most peculiar benefit of green garlic is due to its active ingredient, allicin. This works as a powerful antioxidant to boost your immune system and prevent against common infections like cough and cold as well as chronic diseases like cancer. It protects the heart by maintaining the levels of cholesterol in the body. It also soothes the digestive tract by treating intestinal microbes. Just chop green garlic and use it creatively to make rotis, pancakes, chutney etc.
5. Coriander (kothmir, dhania) : The antioxidants vitamin A, vitamin C and the quercetin present in coriander works towards strengthening our immune system. Coriander is a fairly good source of iron and folate – the 2 nutrient which help in the production and maintenance of red blood cells in our blood. Good for reducing cholesterol and good for diabetics. Read 9 benefits of coriander to understand details.
What's the problem?
1. Vegetable Oils : To some vegetable oil is only soyabean oil, while some promote it as a mix of oils like soyabean, canola, sunflower, corn and other omega-6 rich oils. These are often cheaper options than many oils, but they are highly processed oils. They are undoubtedly not to be reached out for, whether you are looking for salad dressings, sautéing or cooking. The 5 best oils used in cooking are olive oil (low temperature short time cooking), avocado oil, canola oil, coconut oil and peanut oil. You must read the super article to find the facts of which oil is the healthiest avoid vegetable oil.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Green Garlic Multigrain Roti?
Yes, this recipe is good for diabetics, heart and weight loss BUT to be had in restricted quantity by diabetics. Jowar is a complex carb and will be absorbed slowly in the blood stream and not cause a spike in insulin. Jowar and all Millets are rich in Potassium. Potassium is critical for those with High Blood Pressure as it lessens the impact of sodium. Hence a good safe food for diabetics but to be had in restricted quantity and safe for those who want to live and eat healthy. Whole wheat flour is excellent for diabetics as they will not shoot up your blood sugar levels as they are a low GI food.
Can healthy individuals have Green Garlic Multigrain Roti?
Yes. Green Garlic Multigrain Roti : good for weight loss, high in fibre, good for healthy heart, diabetics, pregnant women, kids.
1. Make the most of green garlic when in season. Its active compound ‘allicin’ helps boost immunity and fight diseases.
2. The mix of flours are a good source of magnesium which is beneficial in controlling heartbeat. This is good for healthy heart rotis, low chilesterol rotis.
3. The high fiber (1.8 g per roti) is beneficial for weight loss and diabetics too. So this is a high fibre roti for weight loss, roti for weight loss and healthy roti for diabetics.
4. Use controlled amounts of salt as mentioned in the recipe and these rotis also qualify for a hypertensive diet.
5. Remember to not go overboard in the use of oil for cooking these rotis.
Green garlic multigrain roti is good for
1. Weight Loss
3. Heart Patients
4. Healthy Lifestyle
5. Reduces Acidity
6. Lowers Blood pressure
How to burn 67 calories that come from one Green Garlic Multigrain Roti?
Walking (6 kmph) = 20 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 7 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 9 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 11 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.