How many calories does one Chick Pea Tikkis have?
One Chick Pea Tikki gives 59 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 34 calories, proteins account for 10 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 15 calories. One Chick Pea Tikki provides about 3 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
See Chick Pea Tikkis recipe. Tikkis of various types are very popular in India. Here is a nutritious variant of this all-time favourite snack made with protein and calcium rich ingredients like chick peas and mint.When you feel like having a snack, go for these tasty Chick Pea Tikkis, to help in the healthy development of your baby’s teeth and bones.
Is Chick Pea Tikkis healthy?
No, this is not healthy. Let's see why.
Yes, this is healthy. But restrictions apply to some.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Kabuli Chana ( white chick peas) : Kabuli Chana which is used in popularly in Chole in India is a complex cab which prevents surges in blood sugar levels and good for diabetics. Chickpeas are high in Fibre resulting in your stomach feeling a lot fuller than refined carbs. One cup of cooked chickpeas has 14 grams of protein, which is a really good amount. See here for 10 fabolous benefits of chickpeas.
2. Mint Leaves (Pudina) : Mint (pudina) being an anti-inflammatory reduces the inflammation in the stomach and shows a cleansing effect. Sipping on a healthy drink like fresh mint and lemon tea is the best option to overcome nausea for mums-to-be. Moreover it's vitamin A (10% of RDA) and vitamin C (20.25%) serve as an additional boost to bring relief from cough, sore throat and also cold. Mint (pudina) is a leafy vegetable which is sure to create nourishing dishes without piling on calories, carbs or fat for that instance. What is has to offer instead is FIBER. See here for detailed benefits of mint leaves.
3. Capsicum (Bell Peppers) : Rich in vitamin C, capsicum protect and maintain the lining of the heart. Colourful capsicums are not only visually appealing but also good for your eyes too, as they contain antioxidant Lutein, which protects the eye from cataracts and degeneration of the eye. Capsicum is high in Folate or folic acid, which is important for rapid growth and multiplication of red blood cells and white blood cells in the bone marrow. See detailed benefits of capsicum.
4. Carrots (gajjar) : Carrots have the nutrient Beta Carotene which is a form of Vitamin A, helps prevent deterioration of the eye as one gets older and prevents night blindness. Carrot is great for the eyes.They relieve constipation, lower blood pressure, have fibre and lower cholesterol. Read the 11 super benefiits of carrots and why to include in your daily diet.
5. Cabbage ( Gobhi) : Cabbage is low in calories, relieves constipation, good for diabetics. Cabbage has high levels of flavonoids and anthocyanins and has long been used as a herbal medicine. Rich in Antioxidants in turn lowers the risk of infection and inflammation of the body due to eating processed foods. See here all benefits of cabbage.
6. Peanut Oil : Peanut oil has the highest amount of MUFA (around 49%) amongst all the other remaining common cooking oils. The remaining 51% is PUFA and SFA. Most households in western Indian use peanut oil as a cooking medium. If you have to choose amongst the cooking oils, after avocado oil and coconut oil, this oil gets a spot-on. But when compared to other MUFA based oils, this oil is considered to be high in omega-6 fatty acids, which often may tend to harm your body without you realizing it. Read the super article of which oil is the healthiest avoid vegetable oil.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Chick Pea Tikkis?
Yes, this recipe is good for diabetics, heart and weight loss. Kabuli Chana which is used in popularly in Chole in India is a complex cab which prevents surges in blood sugar levels and good for diabetics. Capsicum is high in Folate or folic acid, which is important for rapid growth and multiplication of red blood cells and white blood cells in the bone marrow. Cabbage is low in calories, relieves constipation, good for diabetics. Peanut oil has the highest amount of MUFA (around 49%) amongst all the other remaining common cooking oils and we suggest you use that in this recipe.
Healthy Chutney to have with Tikkis
Have this with nutritious green chutney recipe which has ZERO sugar used in it made with mint leaves, onions and coriander, lehsun ka chutney, green garlic chutney or green chutney recipe. Coconut based options are healthy coconut chutney made from coconut and coriander and coconut coriander green chutney for idlis dosa uttapam vada.
Green Chutney, How To Make Green Chutney Recipe
Can healthy individuals have Chick Pea Tikkis?
How to burn 59 calories that come from Chick Pea Tikkis?
Walking (6 kmph) = 18 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 6 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 8 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 10 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.