How many calories does one serving of Cheese, Onion and Green Peas Pulao have?
One serving of Cheese, Onion and Green Peas Pulao gives 305 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 197 calories, proteins account for 38 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 70 calories. One serving of Cheese, Onion and Green Peas Pulao provides about 15 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
Click here to view. Cheese, Onion and Green Peas Pulao recipe. Cheese onion green pea pulao recipe | kids tiffin cheese matar pulao | cheesy green peas pulao.
Cheese onion green pea pulao is a unique tiffin that your kid is sure to love! Children are generally very fond of the flavour and texture of cheese, but sometimes parents find it challenging to pack cheese-based foods in the snack box as it tends to get chewy. But, this cheese onion green pea pulao is a delightful option, which stays fresh in a tiffin box for five hours! Moreover, it has an interesting mix of ingredients ranging from rice and green peas to grated cheese, which makes it tasty and wholesome too.
Cheesy green peas pulao makes it easy to add veggies to your kiddos meal which he/she might throw tantrums to consume. We have used the most basic ingredients in preparing cheesy pulao so you will not need to rush to a supermarket if your pantry is well maintained. I also make it for dinner, as it works best as a one meal dish and is tummy filling.
To make cheese pea pulao, we have soaked basmati rice for half and hour. Further, to make it, we have taken oil in a non-stick pan. You can use ghee or butter. Add cumin seeds, clove, cinnamon and bay leaves. Cook until aromatic. The whole spices add and enhance the flavor of the pulao. If you kids do not like it, you can discard once the dish is prepared. Next we have added onion and green chilli paste, cooked them and add soaked rice. Saute the rice and make sure it doesn’t stick to bottom of the pan. Add green peas and water. Cover and cook for 5 mins while stirring occasionally, do not leave it unattended in case burns. Add cheese and coriander for refreshing flavors, gently mix. Serve cheese matar pulao hot and if packing for tiffin cool a little.
Serve cheese onion matar pulao with Indian curry or pickles, roasted papad or any raita that you wish to.
For the short break tiffin you can pack Khakhra Chivda and Healthy No Bake Cookies.
Is Cheese, Onion and Green Peas Pulao healthy?
No, this is not healthy. Let's see why.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Processed Cheese : Switch from processed cheese to block cheese as that is healthy.
2. Onions (pyaz, kanda) : Raw onions are a very valuable source of vitamin C – the immune building vitamin. Along with other phytonutrients from onions, it helps to build WBC (white blood cells) which serves as a line of defence against illness. Yes, it’s a source of many antioxidants, the most important one amongst them being Quercetin. The quercetin in Onions promotes production of HDL (good cholesterol) and lowers total cholesterol in the body. The sulphur in onions act as a blood thinner and prevents blood clotting too. This in turn would lower blood pressure and good for heart, diabetics. Read the benefits of onions.
3. Green Peas : Green peas are good for weight loss, good source of vegetarian protein, has insoluble fibre to relieve constipation. Legumes like green peas, cow peas, mung, chick peas and kidney beans have a cholesterol lowering effect. Green Peas are rich in Vitamin K which aids in bone metabolism. Green peas have a Glycemic Index (GI) rank of 22 which is low and good for diabetics. Is green peas good for diabetics and see full benefits of green peas.
4. Coriander (kothmir, dhania) : Coriander is a fresh herb often used as a flavour enhancer in Indian cooking. It is mainly used as a garnish. This is the best way to use it - no cooking. This preserves its vitamin C content which helps to build our immunity and bring that sparkle to the skin. The antioxidants vitamin A, vitamin C and the quercetin present in coriander works towards strengthening our immune system. Coriander is a fairly good source of iron and folate – the 2 nutrient which help in the production and maintenance of red blood cells in our blood. Good for reducing cholesterol and good for diabetics. Read 9 benefits of coriander to understand details.
What's the problem?
1. Vegetable Oils : To some vegetable oil is only soyabean oil, while some promote it as a mix of oils like soyabean, canola, sunflower, corn and other omega-6 rich oils. These are often cheaper options than many oils, but they are highly processed oils. They are undoubtedly not to be reached out for, whether you are looking for salad dressings, sautéing or cooking. The 5 best oils used in cooking are olive oil (low temperature short time cooking), avocado oil, canola oil, coconut oil and peanut oil. You must read the super article to find the facts of which oil is the healthiest avoid vegetable oil.
2. Rice : Here are the pros for rice. Rice is a great source of complex carbohydrates, which is an important source of energy for our body. Rice is low in fibre and therefore a good option for people suffering from diarrhoea. What's not good in rice. Foods like rice are high in Glycemic index are not suitable for weight loss, heart patients, diabetics as they affect the blood sugar control levels. See details of is white rice and parboiled rice good for you?
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Cheese, Onion and Green Peas Pulao?
No, this recipe is not good for diabetics, heart and weight loss. Foods like rice are high in Glycemic index are not suitable for weight loss, heart patients, diabetics as they affect the blood sugar control levels.
What is a healthier option than using rice?
We suggest the following healthy khichdi like fada ni khichdi recipe, vitamin khichdi recipe, buckwheat moong dal and vegetable khichdi, bajra moong and green peas khichdi, barley khichdi and vegetable biryani from brown rice. All these recipes have ZERO usage of rice and portion control is suggested for diabetics.
Bajra, Whole Moong and Green Pea Khichdi
Can healthy individuals have Cheese, Onion and Green Peas Pulao?
No. Use above healthier options.
8 Pointers to get healthy on a Indian diet
1. Eat healthy and say yes to good home cooked food. Prefer whole grains like oatmeal, quinoa, buckwheat, barley and healthy flours like bajra flour, jowar flour, quinoa flour, wheat flour etc. rather than refined ones like maida. Have healthy Indian fats like ghee, coconut, coconut oil in your diet.
2. Opt out of junk food, packaged food, deep fried foods. Prefer steamed snacks and other non-fried snacks. Check out some Healthy Indian Snacks. Remember to eat small frequent meals through the day as that will keep you always full and prevent your blood sugar from dropping. By starving your body through some diet, will not help you one bit. In fact, dieting will make you binge on 2 to 3 meals which is not good.
3. Have 4 to 5 servings of vegetables and 2 to 3 servings of fruit is a must. Follow the logic of a vegetable in each main meal of the day and a fruit in-between meals. Check out a few Healthy Indian Soups and Healthy Indian Salads recipes using this food group.
4. Cut down on sugar and salt in your diet and pick honey ( very small amounts) or dates to sweeten your food. Slowly cut the sugar habit as this is not going to happen over night. Sugar is also called white poison. It is a simple carbohydrate with zero nutritional value. On intake, sugar will cause inflammation of the body which will last for many hours. It will spike your blood sugar level and shut down the fat burning process. This also causes high blood sugar levels in your body. The development of prediabetes comes from uncontrolled eating sugar and refined food products for many years and the classic symptom is if you have excess belly fat. This leads to diabetes and further onwards to heart attack, high blood pressure, strokes, impotence and kidney damage.
Salt and blood pressure. Apart from stress and obesity, one of the main reasons for high blood pressure is excessive sodium and salt intake. Most people find it difficult to limit the amount of salt in their cooking, thinking it will affect the taste of their favourite dishes.
This is not true. Bajra and jowar are rich in potassium and critical for those with High Blood Pressure as it lessens the impact of sodium. Eating more Potassium Rich Foods will remove more sodium from your body through urine. So include the basic bajra roti and jowar roti in your daily diet to have with Lower Blood Pressure Subzis Recipes.
5. Befriend a few healthy seeds and nuts like chia seeds, flax seeds, sesame seeds, walnuts and almonds.
6. Sprouts are called ‘living food’. They are high is most nutrients and easy to digest as well. Let them feature in your meals at least thrice a week. Also Read : All Benefits about Sprouts.
7. Exercise 45 minutes every day. No excuse. You can walk fast, run, do weights, play your favourite sport or go to the gym. No activity reduces muscle tissue which will lead to muscke loss and all kinds of problems with that.
8. Sleep early and get up early. Get your body into rhythm and it will function best. Sleep helps your body to recover and makes you look much younger. Also getting good sleep prevent muscle loss.
Cheese, Onion and Green Peas Pulao is high in
1. Vitamin C : Vitamin C is a great defence against coughs and colds.
2. Calcium : Calcium is a mineral that makes bones stay strong. Required from kids to adults.
3. Phosphorous : Phosphorous works closely with calcium to build bones.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 305 calories that come from Cheese, Onion and Green Peas Pulao?
Walking (6 kmph) = 1 hr 32 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 31 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 41 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 52 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.