How many calories does one serving of Broccoli Broth have?
One serving of Broccoli Broth gives 27 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 13 calories, proteins account for 3 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 12 calories. One serving of Broccoli Broth provides about 1 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
Click here to view. Broccoli Broth recipe. broccoli broth | healthy veg clear broccoli carrot soup | veg broccoli carrot broth.
This Indian Broccoli Broth recipe shows you how to make a soothing clear soup with crunchy and colourful veggies like broccoli and carrots, which compete and contrast with each other in appearance and flavour.
Broth is a savory flavorful liquid made by simmering water with vegetables and spices. It can be eaten along with soup accompaniments like bread sticks, dough balls and croutons. But, it tastes delightful and wholesome as it is.
Broccoli Broth is a super healthy broth which you can have as a low carb soup made of lots of veggies like broccoli, carrots and onions.
See why we call this soup healthy veg clear broccoli carrot soup. Broccoli is loaded with beta-carotene which converts to Vitamin A once it is inside the body. vitamin A plays a critical role in maintaining healthy vision. It is a good source of vitamin C which boosts the immune system and fights off cancers, heart disease and protects the body from free radical damage. Carrots have the nutrient Beta Carotene which is a form of Vitamin A, helps prevent deterioration of the eye as one gets older and prevents night blindness. Onions, garlic and celery enhance the flavour of this veg broccoli carrot broth. Also, the antioxidants contributed by broccoli and the other ingredients in this Broccoli Broth counteract the harmful cellular by products created during normal metabolism, making you fit and fresh.
When down with running nose, sneezy wheezies or cold, I turn to this warm Broccoli Broth. You can also make this for your family on cold winter or rainy days or even for small evening hunger pangs.
Serve the Broccoli broth hot.
Is Broccoli Broth healthy?
Yes, this is a super healthy Broccoli broth. Main ingredients are broccoli, onions, carrots and water to cook the vegetables.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Broccoli : Broccoli is loaded with beta-carotene which converts to Vitamin A once it is inside the body. Vitamin A plays a critical role in maintaining healthy vision. It is a good source of Vitamin C which boosts the immune system and fights off cancers, heart disease and protects the body from free radical damage. Broccoli is a good source of folate and good for pregnant women. See here for 13 amazing benefits of broccoli.
2. Carrots (gajjar) : Carrots have the nutrient Beta Carotene which is a form of Vitamin A, helps prevent deterioration of the eye as one gets older and prevents night blindness. Carrot is great for the eyes.They relieve constipation, lower blood pressure, have fibre and lower cholesterol. Read the 11 super benefiits of carrots and why to include in your daily diet.
3. Onions (pyaz, kanda) : Raw onions are a very valuable source of vitamin C – the immune building vitamin. Along with other phytonutrients from onions, it helps to build WBC (white blood cells) which serves as a line of defence against illness. Yes, it’s a source of many antioxidants, the most important one amongst them being Quercetin. The quercetin in Onions promotes production of HDL (good cholesterol) and lowers total cholesterol in the body. The sulphur in onions act as a blood thinner and prevents blood clotting too. This in turn would lower blood pressure and good for heart, diabetics. Read the benefits of onions.
4. Olive Oil : Olive oil is a strong antioxidant and good for heart. Also its has anti inflammation properties. This is one of the healthiest oil you can opt for. It has around 77% of MUFA. Olive oil, especially the extra virgin olive oil, is unrefined oil in its natural state and free of chemicals. Moreover, olive oil also possess polyphenols – a type of antioxidant which protects body cells and maintains heart health as well. Popular in Mediterranean cooking, this oil works best for salad dressings or quick sautéing recipes. They cannot be used for prolonged cooking at high temperatures.Note that its a fat at the end of the day so don't consume too much. Read the super article of which oil is the healthiest avoid vegetable oil.
5. Celery (Ajmoda) : Celery helps reduce the total blood cholesterol and triglyceride levels, thus reducing the clogging of arteries and chances of stroke. Diabetics too can include this vegetable to their diet as its high fiber contribute to maintain healthy levels of blood sugar levels. Potassium and its active compound phthalides have shown positive effects in controlling blood pressure. See detailed benefits of celery.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Broccoli Broth?
Yes, this recipe is really good for you. Even better is that broccoli is anti cancer and good for pregnant women.
Can healthy individuals have Broccoli Broth?
Yes, this is a super healthy soup and have two bowls. Low in calorie, mix of vegetables and a nice tasty clear soup to have in the winter.
broccoli soup is good for
1. Healthy Recipes Lifestyle
2. Healthy low calorie soup
3. Low cholesterol soup
4. Athlete Soups
5. Pregnancy folic acid
6. Pregnancy Soup
7. Preconception recipe
8. Diabetic Soups
9. Cancer soups
10. Fight colds
8 Pointers to get healthy on a Indian diet
1. Eat healthy and say yes to good home cooked food. Prefer whole grains like oatmeal, quinoa, buckwheat, barley and healthy flours like bajra flour, jowar flour, quinoa flour, wheat flour etc. rather than refined ones like maida. Have healthy Indian fats like ghee, coconut, coconut oil in your diet.
2. Opt out of junk food, packaged food, deep fried foods. Prefer steamed snacks and other non-fried snacks. Check out some Healthy Indian Snacks. Remember to eat small frequent meals through the day as that will keep you always full and prevent your blood sugar from dropping. By starving your body through some diet, will not help you one bit. In fact, dieting will make you binge on 2 to 3 meals which is not good.
3. Have 4 to 5 servings of vegetables and 2 to 3 servings of fruit is a must. Follow the logic of a vegetable in each main meal of the day and a fruit in-between meals. Check out a few Healthy Indian Soups and Healthy Indian Salads recipes using this food group.
4. Cut down on sugar and salt in your diet and pick honey ( very small amounts) or dates to sweeten your food. Slowly cut the sugar habit as this is not going to happen over night. Sugar is also called white poison. It is a simple carbohydrate with zero nutritional value. On intake, sugar will cause inflammation of the body which will last for many hours. It will spike your blood sugar level and shut down the fat burning process. This also causes high blood sugar levels in your body. The development of prediabetes comes from uncontrolled eating sugar and refined food products for many years and the classic symptom is if you have excess belly fat. This leads to diabetes and further onwards to heart attack, high blood pressure, strokes, impotence and kidney damage.
Salt and blood pressure. Apart from stress and obesity, one of the main reasons for high blood pressure is excessive sodium and salt intake. Most people find it difficult to limit the amount of salt in their cooking, thinking it will affect the taste of their favourite dishes.
This is not true. Bajra and jowar are rich in potassium and critical for those with High Blood Pressure as it lessens the impact of sodium. Eating more Potassium Rich Foods will remove more sodium from your body through urine. So include the basic bajra roti and jowar roti in your daily diet to have with Lower Blood Pressure Subzis Recipes.
5. Befriend a few healthy seeds and nuts like chia seeds, flax seeds, sesame seeds, walnuts and almonds.
6. Sprouts are called ‘living food’. They are high is most nutrients and easy to digest as well. Let them feature in your meals at least thrice a week. Also Read : All Benefits about Sprouts.
7. Exercise 45 minutes every day. No excuse. You can walk fast, run, do weights, play your favourite sport or go to the gym. No activity reduces muscle tissue which will lead to muscke loss and all kinds of problems with that.
8. Sleep early and get up early. Get your body into rhythm and it will function best. Sleep helps your body to recover and makes you look much younger. Also getting good sleep prevent muscle loss.
Broccoli Broth is high in
1. Vitamin C : Vitamin C is a great defence against coughs and colds.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 27 calories that come from Broccoli Broth?
Walking (6 kmph) = 8 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 3 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 4 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 5 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.