How many calories does one Oats Palak and Sprouts Mini Uttapam have?
One Oats Palak and Sprouts Mini Uttapa gives 41 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 24 calories, proteins account for 8 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 10 calories. One Oats Palak and Sprouts Mini Uttapa provides about 2 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
See Oats Palak and Sprouts Mini Uttapa recipe. Pregnancy is a time to be enjoyed. It’s a golden period when you feel quite indulgent, and yet have to strike a balance between your sudden hunger pangs, changing tastes and good health. Here is a quick snack for such times! the oats palak sprouts mini uttapa is not just toothsome but also rich in nutrients – you get iron, folic acid and vitamin a from the spinach, fibre and protein from the sprouts and oats. Tons of good health for the little life inside you!
Is Oats Palak and Sprouts Mini Uttapam healthy?
Yes, this is healthy.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Oats : Oats are a great source of protein for Vegetarians. It is rich in soluble fibre (to make it good for diabetics), which helps lower blood LDL cholesterol, the so-called "Bad" cholesterol. Whole Oats have an antioxidant called Avenanthramide (a polyphenol from oats) which helps lower blood pressure levels. Soluble fibre absorbs water and swells and to become gel like substance which helps in the absorption of nutrients like B Vitamins and minerals like Magnesium and Zinc which are key to a good heart. See here why oats are good for you?
2. Spinach (Palak) : Spinach is one of the richest plant sources of Iron and it should be part of a healthy diet for everyone. Raw spinach is very rich in insoluble fibre, 25% having soluble fiber and 75% insoluble fiber. Spinach is good for the heart, diabetics and eyes. Read this on the 17 benefits of spinach and why you should eat it.
3. Onions (pyaz, kanda) : Raw onions are a very valuable source of vitamin C – the immune building vitamin. Along with other phytonutrients from onions, it helps to build WBC (white blood cells) which serves as a line of defence against illness. Yes, it’s a source of many antioxidants, the most important one amongst them being Quercetin. The quercetin which promotes production of HDL (good cholesterol) and lowers total cholesterol in the body. The sulphur in onions act as a blood thinner and prevents blood clotting too. This in turn would lower blood pressure and good for heart, diabetics. Read the benefits of onions.
4. Urad Dal : 1 cup of cooked urad dal gives 69.30% of folic acid of your daily requirement of folate. The folic acid in urad dal helps your body to produce and maintain new cells, especially red blood cells. Being rich in Phosphorus it works with Calcium to build our bones, high in fibre and good for heart, good for lowering cholesterol and good for diabetes. See here for 10 super benefits of urad dal.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Oats Palak and Sprouts Mini Uttapam ?
Yes, everything is good about this. Oats is rich in soluble fibre (to make it good for diabetics), which helps lower blood LDL cholesterol, the so-called "Bad" cholesterol. Urad dal being rich in Phosphorus it works with Calcium to build our bones, high in fibre and good for heart, good for lowering cholesterol and good for diabetes. This recipe is high in fibre and hence perfect for weight loss.
Can healthy individuals have Oats Palak and Sprouts Mini Uttapa ?
Oats Palak and Sprouts Mini Uttapa is good for
1. Healthy Recipes Lifestyle
2. Low Calorie Snack
3. Diabetic Snacks
4. Healthy Heart Snacks
5. Pregnancy snacks
6. Kids snacks
7. Low Acidity breakfast
8. Low Blood pressure snacks
How to burn 41 calories that come from Oats Palak and Sprouts Mini Uttapa?
Walking (6 kmph) = 12 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 4 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 5 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 7 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.