How many calories does one Cabbage and Paneer Grilled Sandwich have?
One Cabbage and Paneer Grilled Sandwich gives 224 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 96 calories, proteins account for 30 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 98 calories. One Cabbage and Paneer Grilled Sandwich provides about 11 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
Click here to view. Cabbage and Paneer Grilled Sandwich recipe. cabbage and paneer grilled sandwich | paneer cabbage grilled sandwich | cottage cheese and cabbage grilled sandwich.
We have got a unique recipe for you which is cabbage and paneer grilled sandwich. Although both cabbage and paneer are bland ingredients, the hints of green chillies and coriander lace it with an enticing flavour, and the overall effect is rather pleasing to the palate. Cabbage and paneer grilled sandwich is kid friendly and is also a healthy way of including cabbage to your child's meal.
The method of making cabbage and paneer grilled sandwich is quite easy and quick, you can also make it when you have guests coming over suddenly. All you need to do is combine cabbage, paneer, coriander, green chillies and salt in a deep bowl and mix well. Coriander and green chillies perk up the taste and you can even add chaat masala if you wish to. To proceed, spread butter on 2 bread slices, spread the prepared mixture on the buttered bread evenly. Further, butter 2 more slices and place them on the filling with the buttered side facing downwards. Grease the griller with some butter and place the sandwiches into it. Cook for 5-7 minutes or until it turns crispy and golden brown. Your cabbage and paneer grilled sandwich is ready!!
I usually make paneer cabbage grilled sandwich for evening tea snack and we usually enjoy it with a cup of hot piping masala tea. Whenever my kids create a fuss about having their food I make this and serve cottage cheese and cabbage grilled sandwich with hot tomato soup which makes the meal filling and healthy. You can even pack this and take it to work or for your kids tiffin.
Serve cabbage and paneer grilled sandwich immediately with tomato ketchup or green chutney!!
Is Cabbage and Paneer Grilled Sandwich healthy?
No, this is not healthy. Let's see why.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Cabbage ( Patta Gobhi + Red Cabbage) : Cabbage is low in calories, relieves constipation, good for diabetics. Cabbage has high levels of flavonoids and anthocyanins and has long been used as a herbal medicine. Rich in Antioxidants in turn lowers the risk of infection and inflammation of the body due to eating processed foods. Red cabbage also called purple cabbage has slightly high levels of flavonoids and anthocyanins than green cabbage and has long been used as a herbal medicine. It has same health benefits to offer as the cabbage otherwise.See here all benefits of cabbage.
2. Paneer : Paneer contains high quality protein and calcium which aids in weight loss. Since paneer is low in carbs and high in protein it gets digested slowly and hence good for diabetes. Potassium in paneer helps to reduce the effect of high sodium, by lowering blood pressure and contraction of blood vessels, resulting in improved heart health and reduced risk of heart attack. Great for weight loss and read the interesting article on is paneer good for you?
3. Coriander (kothmir, dhania) : Coriander is a fresh herb often used as a flavour enhancer in Indian cooking. It is mainly used as a garnish. This is the best way to use it - no cooking. This preserves its vitamin C content which helps to build our immunity and bring that sparkle to the skin. The antioxidants vitamin A, vitamin C and the quercetin present in coriander works towards strengthening our immune system. Coriander is a fairly good source of iron and folate – the 2 nutrient which help in the production and maintenance of red blood cells in our blood. Good for reducing cholesterol and good for diabetics. Read 9 benefits of coriander to understand details.
4.Green Chillies : Antioxidant vitamin C in green chillies protects the body from effects of harmful free radicals and prevents stress. It is probably the high fiber which helps in controlling blood sugar levels. This it is a welcome addition to a diabetic diet. Suffering from anaemia? Add green chillies to your list of iron rich foods too. For complete details see benefits of green chilli.
What's the problem?
1. Plain flour (maida) : This recipe uses plain flour or maida which is refined carb not suitable for healthy lifestyle. Maida consumption in any food should be totally avoided or just a little bit of usage as any consumption of this will cause a larger spike in blood levels which is not good for diabetics, heart patients. The development of prediabetes comes from uncontrolled eating sugar and refined food products for many years and the classic symptom is if you have excess belly fat. This leads to diabetes and further onwards to heart attack, high blood pressure, strokes, impotence and kidney damage. Read is maida good for you to understand fully.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Cabbage and Paneer Grilled Sandwich?
No, this recipe is not good for diabetics, heart and weight loss. This recipe uses bread which is made from plain flour or maida which is refined carb not suitable for healthy lifestyle. Maida consumption in any food should be totally avoided or just a little bit of usage as any consumption of this will cause a larger spike in blood levels which is not good for diabetics, heart patients.
For weight loss you can use whole wheat bread and replace the full fat paneer with low fat paneer.
Can healthy individuals have Cabbage and Paneer Grilled Sandwich?
What is a healthy toast option to have?
We suggest you try homemade almond bread made without eggs and toast it. A good option is toasted almond bread with avocado which is a perfect gluten free breakfast option. Whole wheat bread is better choice than white bread made from refined plain flour to make toast like mixed sprouts open toast, oats moong toast, cottage cheese tomato and chutney sandwich or creamy alfalfa sprouts and apple on toast.
Mixed Sprouts Open Toast
8 Pointers to get healthy on a Indian diet
1. Eat healthy and say yes to good home cooked food. Prefer whole grains like oatmeal, quinoa, buckwheat, barley and healthy flours like bajra flour, jowar flour, quinoa flour, wheat flour etc. rather than refined ones like maida. Have healthy Indian fats like ghee, coconut, coconut oil in your diet.
2. Opt out of junk food, packaged food, deep fried foods. Prefer steamed snacks and other non-fried snacks. Check out some Healthy Indian Snacks. Remember to eat small frequent meals through the day as that will keep you always full and prevent your blood sugar from dropping. By starving your body through some diet, will not help you one bit. In fact, dieting will make you binge on 2 to 3 meals which is not good.
3. Have 4 to 5 servings of vegetables and 2 to 3 servings of fruit is a must. Follow the logic of a vegetable in each main meal of the day and a fruit in-between meals. Check out a few Healthy Indian Soups and Healthy Indian Salads recipes using this food group.
4. Cut down on sugar and salt in your diet and pick honey ( very small amounts) or dates to sweeten your food. Slowly cut the sugar habit as this is not going to happen over night. Sugar is also called white poison. It is a simple carbohydrate with zero nutritional value. On intake, sugar will cause inflammation of the body which will last for many hours. It will spike your blood sugar level and shut down the fat burning process. This also causes high blood sugar levels in your body. The development of prediabetes comes from uncontrolled eating sugar and refined food products for many years and the classic symptom is if you have excess belly fat. This leads to diabetes and further onwards to heart attack, high blood pressure, strokes, impotence and kidney damage.
Salt and blood pressure. Apart from stress and obesity, one of the main reasons for high blood pressure is excessive sodium and salt intake. Most people find it difficult to limit the amount of salt in their cooking, thinking it will affect the taste of their favourite dishes.
This is not true. Bajra and jowar are rich in potassium and critical for those with High Blood Pressure as it lessens the impact of sodium. Eating more Potassium Rich Foods will remove more sodium from your body through urine. So include the basic bajra roti and jowar roti in your daily diet to have with Lower Blood Pressure Subzis Recipes.
5. Befriend a few healthy seeds and nuts like chia seeds, flax seeds, sesame seeds, walnuts and almonds.
6. Sprouts are called ‘living food’. They are high is most nutrients and easy to digest as well. Let them feature in your meals at least thrice a week. Also Read : All Benefits about Sprouts.
7. Exercise 45 minutes every day. No excuse. You can walk fast, run, do weights, play your favourite sport or go to the gym. No activity reduces muscle tissue which will lead to muscke loss and all kinds of problems with that.
8. Sleep early and get up early. Get your body into rhythm and it will function best. Sleep helps your body to recover and makes you look much younger. Also getting good sleep prevent muscle loss.
Cabbage and Paneer Grilled Sandwich is high in
1. Vitamin C : Vitamin C is a great defence against coughs and colds.
2. Calcium : Calcium is a mineral that makes bones stay strong. Required from kids to adults.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 224 calories that come from Cabbage and Paneer Grilled Sandwich?
Walking (6 kmph) = 1 hr 7 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 22 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 30 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 38 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.