How many calories does one serving of Banana Nut Oatmeal Recipe have?
One serving of Banana Nut Oatmeal Recipe gives 375 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 232 calories, proteins account for 42 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 105 calories. One serving of Banana Nut Oatmeal Recipe provides about 19 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
Click here to view. Banana Nut Oatmeal Recipe. In simple ways, you can transform your healthy bowlful of oats into a peppy breakfast that will pack some excitement into your busy morning!
Here, we have cooked the oats, sweetened it naturally with honey and perked it up with crunchy almonds and the much-loved banana. The blend of fruity and nutty notes assures great taste and texture!
We have used just a dash of honey, but you can increase the amount if you want it sweeter. You can also add chopped dates to boost the sweetness naturally.
Oats are high in fibre and sure to keep you satiated for a long time, while energy-rich bananas will keep you active. Almonds bring in a good dose of protein apart from their appealing crunch!
You can go for the Banana Nut Oatmeal Recipe without any second thoughts as you are sure to love it!
Is Banana Nut Oatmeal Recipe healthy?
Yes, this is healthy. But restrictions apply to some.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Banana : Banana is high in potassium. Potassium helps normalize the heartbeat and regulates the body's water balance. Bananas have low sodium content and high potassium content, and contribute for making it an ideal fruit for hypertensives. Bananas contain good amounts of potassium and magnesium which lowers the risk of heart diseases. See the 7 incredible benefits of banana.
2. Almonds (badam) : Almonds are rich in B complex vitamins such as Vitamin B1, Thiamine, Vitamin B3, Niacin and Folate which plays an important role in the brain development. Almonds balances your cholesterol levels. almonds have a very low glycemic index and good for diabetics. See all 13 super health benefits of almonds.
3. Oats : Oats are a great source of protein for Vegetarians. It is rich in soluble fibre (to make it good for diabetics), which helps lower blood LDL cholesterol, the so-called "Bad" cholesterol. Whole Oats have an antioxidant called Avenanthramide (a polyphenol from oats) which helps lower blood pressure levels. Soluble fibre absorbs water and swells and to become gel like substance which helps in the absorption of nutrients like B Vitamins and minerals like Magnesium and Zinc which are key to a good heart. See here why oats are good for you?
4. Honey : Honey, a natural sweetener, is a thick liquid made by honeybees which acts as an energy boost. A tbsp. of honey (20 g) gives 60 calories but virtually no protein, fat and fiber. It has been regarded as a traditional medicine since ages. It’s anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties are known to fight bacteria and prevent infections like cold and cough. Some research also shows that the polyphenolic compounds in honey help protect the heart.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Banana Nut Oatmeal Recipe?
Yes, this recipe is good for heart and weight loss. No for diabetics. Bananas contain good amounts of potassium and magnesium which lowers the risk of heart diseases.
Can healthy individuals have Banana Nut Oatmeal Recipe?
Yes. Almonds balances your cholesterol levels. almonds have a very low glycemic index and good for diabetics.
8 Pointers to get healthy on a Indian diet
1. Eat healthy and say yes to good home cooked food. Prefer whole grains like oatmeal, quinoa, buckwheat, barley and healthy flours like bajra flour, jowar flour, quinoa flour, wheat flour etc. rather than refined ones like maida. Have healthy Indian fats like ghee, coconut, coconut oil in your diet.
2. Opt out of junk food, packaged food, deep fried foods. Prefer steamed snacks and other non-fried snacks. Check out some Healthy Indian Snacks. Remember to eat small frequent meals through the day as that will keep you always full and prevent your blood sugar from dropping. By starving your body through some diet, will not help you one bit. In fact, dieting will make you binge on 2 to 3 meals which is not good.
3. Have 4 to 5 servings of vegetables and 2 to 3 servings of fruit is a must. Follow the logic of a vegetable in each main meal of the day and a fruit in-between meals. Check out a few Healthy Indian Soups and Healthy Indian Salads recipes using this food group.
4. Cut down on sugar and salt in your diet and pick honey ( very small amounts) or dates to sweeten your food. Slowly cut the sugar habit as this is not going to happen over night. Sugar is also called white poison. It is a simple carbohydrate with zero nutritional value. On intake, sugar will cause inflammation of the body which will last for many hours. It will spike your blood sugar level and shut down the fat burning process. This also causes high blood sugar levels in your body. The development of prediabetes comes from uncontrolled eating sugar and refined food products for many years and the classic symptom is if you have excess belly fat. This leads to diabetes and further onwards to heart attack, high blood pressure, strokes, impotence and kidney damage.
Salt and blood pressure. Apart from stress and obesity, one of the main reasons for high blood pressure is excessive sodium and salt intake. Most people find it difficult to limit the amount of salt in their cooking, thinking it will affect the taste of their favourite dishes.
This is not true. Bajra and jowar are rich in potassium and critical for those with High Blood Pressure as it lessens the impact of sodium. Eating more Potassium Rich Foods will remove more sodium from your body through urine. So include the basic bajra roti and jowar roti in your daily diet to have with Lower Blood Pressure Subzis Recipes.
5. Befriend a few healthy seeds and nuts like chia seeds, flax seeds, sesame seeds, walnuts and almonds.
6. Sprouts are called ‘living food’. They are high is most nutrients and easy to digest as well. Let them feature in your meals at least thrice a week. Also Read : All Benefits about Sprouts.
7. Exercise 45 minutes every day. No excuse. You can walk fast, run, do weights, play your favourite sport or go to the gym. No activity reduces muscle tissue which will lead to muscke loss and all kinds of problems with that.
8. Sleep early and get up early. Get your body into rhythm and it will function best. Sleep helps your body to recover and makes you look much younger. Also getting good sleep prevent muscle loss.
Banana Nut Oatmeal Recipe is high in
1. Fiber : Dietary fiber reduce the risk of heart disease, prevent the spike in blood sugar levels and hence super for diabetics. Consume more fruits, vegetables, moong, oats, matki, whole grains.
2. Vitamin B1 : Vitamin B1 protects nerves, helps in carbohydrate metabolism, prevents heart diseases and helps produce red blood cells.
3. Vitamin E : Vitamin E balances cholesterol levels, repairs damaged skin and keeps hair shiny.
4. Magnesium : Magnesium is required for formation of bones and teeth. helps in the metabolism of calcium and potassium.
5. Phosphorous : Phosphorous works closely with calcium to build bones.
6. Zinc : Zinc is involved in collagen synthesis and this helps repair skin and helps build immunity.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 375 calories that come from Banana Nut Oatmeal Recipe?
Walking (6 kmph) = 1 hr 53 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 38 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 50 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 1 hr 4 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.