by Tarla Dalal
- हिन्दी में पढ़ें (Cabbage Thoren in Hindi)
- ગુજરાતી માં વાંચો (Cabbage Thoren in Gujarati)
Added to 38 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 15386 times
A signature kerala dish…super easy to make, good to look at, nutritious and delicious are some things going in favour of this dish. Loaded with coconut, usually, here we have used only 2 tbsp and yet maintained the taste.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai, add the urad dal and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes or till they turn golden brown in colour.
- Add the onions, green chillies and curry leaves and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the coconut and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the cabbage and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.