Yellow Moong Dal and Spring Onion Paratha
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 160 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 69364 times
Who can resist a scrumptious paratha? It is a versatile dish, which can be served as a satiating snack or as a wholesome meal! In this delicious Yellow Moong Dal and Spring Onion Paratha, the spring onions provide an exciting crunch to a wholesome and tasty stuffing made of iron-rich yellow moong dal.
Moreover, this mouth-watering dish is made with a dough of whole wheat flour, avoiding maida, which tends to raise blood sugar levels fast. So, you can enjoy this nutrition-dense and flavourful snack without any guilt.
Serve with low fat curds and Mint and Onion Chutney .
- Combine the whole wheat flour and salt in a deep bowl, mix well and knead into a soft dough using enough water. Keep aside.
- Boil enough water in a deep non-stick pan, add the soaked and drained yellow moong dal and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 6 to 8 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Drain well.
- Transfer the mixture into a plate and mash it lightly using a potato masher.
- Add all the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Divide the stuffing into 6 equal portions and keep aside.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions.
- Roll a portion of the dough into a 75 mm (3") diameter circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Place one portion of the stuffing in the centre of the circle.
- Bring together all the sides in the centre and seal tightly.
- Roll out again into 100 mm. (4") diameter circle, using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook the paratha using ¼ tsp of oil till golden brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Repeat steps 2 to 6 to make 5 more parathas.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per paratha
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.