Vegetable Balls in Tomato Sauce
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 90 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 19614 times
A dough of potatoes and mixed vegetables perked up with garam masala is deep-fried into crunchy vegetable balls, which are floated in a tangy tomato-based sauce, and served with a yummy garnish of cheese.
After adding the vegetable balls to the tomato sauce, remember to cook on a medium flame for a few minutes to allow the balls to soak in the flavours of the sauce. Do not stir this too often as the balls will break. Serve the Vegetable Balls in Tomato Sauce immediately on preparation.
You can serve along with Spring Onion and Red Capsicum Pasta or Creamy Herb Pasta .
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 16 equal portions and roll each portion into a round.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick kadhai and deep-fry a few vegetable balls at a time, on a medium flame, till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides.
- Drain on an absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- Just before serving, re-heat the tomato sauce, add the prepared vegetable balls, mix gently and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Garnish with cheese and serve immediately.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||317.7 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1 mg|
|Vitamin C||24 mg|
|Folic Acid||35.1 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.