by Tarla Dalal
Added to 897 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 88906 times
Baby potatoes, cooked with a special red chilli-based masala paste, fenugreek leaves and fresh cream, results in a flavourful treat that taunts the taste buds with its spicy, bitter, tangy and creamy hues. Cooking it for the right duration and using the right methods in the microwave oven gives the Tandoori Aloo a rich aroma, as if cooked in an authentic tandoor. Surprisingly, all it takes is less than half an hour to prepare this delicacy from start to end!
- Wash the potatoes and prick them with the fork evenly all over.
- Place them all around the circumference of the microwave or the microwave safe dish with a glass of water in the center. Microwave on high for 5 minutes or till they are partially cooked. Keep aside.
- In another microwave safe bowl, heat the oil on high for 30 seconds.
- Add the prepared paste, mix well and microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Add the potatoes, cream, fenugreek leaves and salt, mix well and microwave on high for another 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||135.9 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1.1 mg|
|Vitamin C||15.8 mg|
|Folic Acid||16 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.