Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 22355 times
Sweet roti are an unique roti recipe with sugar syrup added to the wheat flour while kneading. Roll out the sweet roti and shallow fry them with little ghee. They are sure to be loved by children.
- Combine the wheat flour and salt, mix well and knead into a soft dough, using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal portions and roll out each portion of the dough into a circle of 4” diameter.
- Apply a tsp of ghee on each roti and spread a tsp of sugar evenly.
- Bring the edges together and seal the circle tightly.
- Roll out again into a circle of 6” diameter, using little whole wheat flour.
- Heat a tava and cook each roti, using little oil, till golden brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by anitajella on 06 Jul 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.