Stuffed Soya Paratha
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 43 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 33502 times
Green peas, stuffed in wheat flour dough to make parathas, is very common. In this recipe, soya and garlic have been added to the wheat flour, to make it extremely 'heart-friendly'. Serve them hot from the tava, as soya tends to make the parathas dry after a while, especially as these are made with minimal oil.
- Combine all the ingredients together to make a semi-soft dough using enough water.
- Divide into 6 equal portions and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan, add the cumin seeds and allow the seeds to crackle.
- Add the remaining ingredients and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove and allow to cool.
- Roll out one portion of the dough into a circle of 75 mm. (3") diameter.
- Place one portion of the filling in the center of the dough circle.
- Bring together all the sides in the center and seal tightly.
- Roll out again into a circle of 125 mm. (5") diameter with the help of a little flour.
- Cook the paratha on a non-stick pan, using a little oil until both sides are golden brown.
- Repeat with the remaining dough and filling to make 5 more parathas.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.