Stuffed Khandvi ( Non- Fried Snacks )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 73 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 72547 times
Stuffed khandvi, something very innovative and contemporary that your guest will truly enjoy. Must try !!
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan, add the green peas / corn and sauté on a slow flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the sugar, salt, ginger-green chilli paste, lemon juice, coriander and 1 tbsp of water, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for another 2 minutes. Keep aside to cool.
- Combine the besan, curds-water mixture, lemon juice, ginger-green chilli paste, turmeric powder, asafoetida and salt together in a deep non-stick pan and mix well to make a smooth batter (taking care no lump remains).
- Cook on a slow flame, while stirring continuously till it becomes thick (approx. 8 to 10 minutes).
- Spread a spoonful of the batter on a greased thali and wait for a few seconds and try to roll up, if it doesn’t then cook for few more minutes, check once more till done.
- Divide the batter into two equal portions. Spread each portion on reverse greased side of 2 thalis (approximately 10" in diameter) evenly to make a thin uniform layer using a spatula while the batter is still hot.
- After spreading the mixture on on a thali, spread the prepared stuffing evenly over it.
- When cool, cut the khandvi on each thali lengthwise (approx. 1½" in width) into equal portions (as shown in the image) and roll up each gently.
- Repeat with the remaining thali and place khandvis in a serving plate. Keep aside.
- For the tempering, just before serving heat the oil in a small non-stick pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the sesame seeds, asafoetida, curry leaves and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds, while stirring continuously.
- Pour the tempering over the khandvis. Serve immediately garnished with coconut and coriander.
- To be mixed togeather to make a stuffing
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.