by Bharathi ankit
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 3966 times
Steamed Ambode, a typical chana dal ambode, but its steamed and not deep fried. Serve hot with chutney.
- In a blender put together soaked channa dal, jeera, red and green chilly and blend to a fine paste using very little water.
- Transfer the mixture in a bowl, add the coconut, coriander and salt, mix well.
- Divide the mixture into equal portions and shape into round or oval.
- Steam the ambode in a steamer for 10-15 minutes. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the mustard seed and when they splutter add asafoetida and curry leaves, mix well and saute for a minute.
- Pour this tempering over the ambode.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by Bharathi ankit on 26 Feb 2011Cooking, Knitting, Reading
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.