Sprouted Kabuli Chana and Palak, Folic Acid Rich Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 34 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 13879 times
A perfect combination of sprouted kabuli chana and palak that will tickle your taste buds, and keep your protein , calcium and iron levels up too.
This Sprouted Kabuli Chana and Palak has a very unique taste and mouth-feel because the gravy is made of sautéed brinjals and tomatoes perked up with a masaledar paste of onions, garlic and ginger.
The thoughtful combination of ingredients also makes this dish rich in folic acid. Relish it hot with whole wheat phulkas for a nutritious and satisfying meal.
- Heat 1 tsp of oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the brinjal and sauté on a medium flame for 5 minutes keep aside to cool.
- When cooled, blend the cooked brinjals, tomatoes and ¼ cup of water in a mixer till smooth. Keep aside.
- Heat the remaining 1 tsp oil in the same pan, add the cumin seeds, cinnamon, cloves and bay leaves and saute on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the prepared paste and sauté on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the brinjal-tomato mixture, chilli powder, coriander-cumin seeds powder, garam masala, salt and ¼ cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirirng occasionally.
- Add the spinach purée, cooked kabuli chana sprouts and ¼ cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirirng occasionally.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.