Sesame Paneer ( Kebabs and Tikkis Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 44 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 14985 times
A relatively elaborate starter but definitely worth the effort. A mixture of sauteed veggies and potatoes pepped up with soy sauce is layered atop paneer cubes, topped with a sprinkling of sesame, and deep-fried. This starter, as the name suggests, has a dominant flavour of sesame, which is a great value-add to any savoury snack. Sesame Paneer is just perfect to kindle your appetite before a sumptuous meal!
- Heat the oil in a wok or frying pan over a high flame. Add the spring onion whites, spring onion greens, carrots, french beans, capsicum and celery and stir fry for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the potatoes, soya sauce, chilli powder and salt and cook for 3 minutes. Cool the mixture.
- Put a little mixture on each paneer pieces and press well by hand. .
- Make a paste of the flour and a little water. Apply this paste over the vegetables.
- Sprinkle the sesame seeds over it.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai on a medium flame, and deep-fry the sesame paneer till they are golden brown in colour from all sides. Drain on an absorbent paper and serve hot.
Nutrient values per piesce
|Vitamin A||106.4 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||-0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||-0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin C||5.5 mg|
|Folic Acid||1.8 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.