Sabudana Chivda Recipe, Jar Snack
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4405 times
Jar snacks can come in handy on fasting days too. If they are made with permissible ingredients and following the general guidelines of the fast, jar snacks can be quite handy in maintaining your energy levels and good spirits on a fasting day!
The Sabudana Chivda is one such recipe that can be had during Navratri and other fasting days too. Easy to make but super tasty, this chivda is made of deep-fried nylon sabudana, peanuts and other flavour givers like green chillies.
Its crispy texture, attractive pearly appearance and awesome taste make it popular with young and old – so you can make it on normal days too! When you deep-fry the sabudana do so in very small batches, so that they will have enough space to puff up and cook. Also, stay a little away from the stove when you fry as the sabudana tends to splutter a little.
When you deep-fry the sabudana do so in very small batches, so that
You can also try other jar snacks like the Phoolwadi or Namak Para .
- Heat the oil for deep-frying in a deep non-stick pan, add the nylon sabudana a few at a time and deep-fry on a medium flame till they are cooked but do not become brown. Drain on an absorbent paper. Keep aside.
- In the same oil deep-fry the peanuts till they change their colour. Drain on an absorbent paper. Keep aside.
- In the same oil deep-fry the green chillies, curry leaves and coconut separately. Drain on an absorbent paper. Keep aside.
- Combine all the deep-fried ingredients in a deep bowl, add the powdered sugar and rock salt and toss well.
- Cool completely and store in an air-tight container. Use as required.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per cup
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.