Rava Bonda Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 6 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5238 times
Eager to make bonda but in no mood to soak the stuff, grind the batter, and all? Go for this yummy Rava Bonda, which has a fabulously crispy texture and a peppy flavour, all achieved without any complex or time-consuming procedures.
The rava is soaked in curds, perked up with ingredients like onions, cashew nuts and curry leaves, and deep-fried till perfectly golden and crisp.
The curd not only helps to bind the rava together but also gives the batter a kind of fermented flavour and texture with a mild tanginess. Curd contributes to the crispness, colour and flavour, making these bondas perfectly delightful.
Serve it hot with coconut chutney or green chutney, and a cup of hot coffee . You can also try other traditional bonda recipes like Mysore Bonda or Urad Dal Bonda .
Add your private note
Rava Bonda Recipe recipe - How to make Rava Bonda Recipe
Soaking time: 30 minutes Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
1 hours 5 minutesMakes 18 bondas
- Combine the semolina, curds, salt and 3 to 4 tbsp of water in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Cover with a lid and keep aside for 30 minutes.
- Add all the other ingredients and mix well using your hands.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, wet your fingers and shape each portion into a round using your hands and deep-fry, a few at a time, till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Serve immediately with coconut chutney or green chutney.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per bonda
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.