Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 10830 times
Quick khichi a quick khichdi recipe where the rice is cooked with tuar dal and vegetables. Serve quick khichi or khichdi with curd, pickle and roasted papad.
- Wash the dal and rice in a cooker vessel.
- Add 2 cups water.
- Take a tsp of cooking oil.
- Add mustard seeds, methi seeds.
- When the seeds splutter, toss one whole red chilli.
- Add this immediately to the dal-rice mixture.
- Fry kaju in 1/2 tsp ghee till golden, add kismis and toss for 1/2 a minute.
- Add this to the dal-rice mixture.
- Add turmeric, salt, garam masala and dhania powder and pressure cook.
- Before serving,sprinkle cocunut gratings and finely chopped coriander leaves and serve hot with ghee, papad and kadhi or dahi raita.
This recipe was contributed by priyaparab on 27 Aug 2003
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.