Pumpkin Raita, Creamy Pumpkin Raita
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 12 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 7157 times
Lose yourself in the creamy consistency and refreshing flavour of this delicious Pumpkin Raita. The pleasant sweetness of pumpkin, sourness of curd and mild spiciness of the tempering combine beautifully to give this raita a very balanced flavour. Make sure you do not add water to the pumpkin while cooking it.
Pour a little water into the pressure cooker. Place the pumpkin in a smaller vessel and keep it on this water to cook, without directly adding any water to the vessel in which the pumpkin is kept. The water we pour into the cooker should not enter the vessel in which the pumpkin is placed. This is very important to avoid wateriness of the raita.
This raita goes well as an accompaniment to the main course .
- Pressure cook the red pumkin for 5 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Mash the pumkin using a potato masher.
- Combine the curds, mashed pumpkin, and salt in a deep bowl and mix well. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a small non-stick pan, add the mustard seeds, urad dal, curry leaves, green chilli and asafoetida and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Pour the tempering over the raita and mix well.
- Refrigerate and serve chilled.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.