Pumpkin Dry Vegetable
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 53 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 82492 times
Pumpkin is a wonder vegetable – but sadly, its health benefits are not known to many. Red pumpkin contains a horde of valuable nutrients like fiber, folic acid and vitamin A , while also being low in calories.
That makes it doubly desirable! Lose yourself in the fabulous taste of this Pumpkin Dry Vegetable, while also soaking in its health benefits.
A tempering of varied seeds like fennel, fenugreek, mustard and cumin gives this zero oil subzi a brilliant aroma and flavour, while a dash of dry mango powder gives it a tongue-tickling tang. Enjoy this delicious recipe with whole wheat chapatis .
- Heat a deep non-stick pan on a medium flame and when it is hot, add the fenugreek and mustard seeds and dry roast for 10 seconds.
- Add the cumin seeds, fennel seeds, coriander powder, chilli powder and 2 tsp of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 10 seconds, while stirring continuously.
- Add the onions, ginger paste and 2 tsp of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the red pumpkin, sugar, salt, turmeric powder and ¾ cup of water and mix well. Cover it with a lid and cook on a medium flame for 8 to 10 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the dry mango powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.