Pumpkin Steel Cut Oats
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4424 times
An exquisite breakfast that is unlike anything you have tasted before, the Pumpkin Steel Cut oats combines cooked and blended red pumpkin with steel-cut oats.
The recipe gets a flavourful boost from apples, a touch of nutmeg and a sprinkling of roasted sunflower seeds. The luscious texture of the pumpkin base, the mealy mouth-feel of the steel-cut oats, all accentuated by the crunch of the seeds make this a truly wonderful breakfast recipe!
Steel-cut oats is a fibre-rich , gluten-free whole grain that is much healthier than quick-cooking rolled oats.
While the oats helps reduce cholesterol , the red pumpkin further improves heart health with potassium and vitamin C . A low-calorie fruit with loads of fibre , apple aids in digestion.
You can prepare this recipe and store it in the fridge for at least two days, but remember to adjust the consistency with a little water before serving because it tends to dry up a little.
- Combine the red pumpkin and 1 cup of water in a deep non-stick pan, cover with a lid and cook on a medium flame for 8 to 10 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Cool completely and blend in a mixer till smooth.
- Transfer the mixture into a deep bowl, add all the other ingredients along with ¼ cup of warm water and mix well.
- Finally top it with the apples and pumpkin seeds.
- Serve or store in an air-tight container in the fridge and use as required.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.