Added to 33 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4378 times
Patatka chawal is delightful variation to the all-time favorite tomato rice. The cooked rice is mixed with tomato puree and a ground paste comprising of dals, cumin seeds and grated coconut. An amazing pataka rice recipe for you from recipe database of tarladalal.com
- In a non-stick kadai, dry roast urad dal, red chillies whole, coriander seeds, chana dal and cumin seeds on low flame till light brown.
- Add grated coconut and dry roast for few more minutes. cool and keep aside.
- Grind all the ingredients without water. keep aside.
- Heat coconut oil in a kadhai, add mustard seeds and curry leaves, when they crackle add tomato puree and sauté for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add salt and turmeric powder and sauté for 5 minutes on a low flame.
- Add the ground powder and cooked rice and sauté for 5 to 6 minutes on low flame till mix properly.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
This recipe was contributed by shalinivenkatesh on 08 Dec 2006
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.