Paruppu Usili By Vasupradha
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5546 times
In tamil, "paruppu" means dal and "usili" means broken crumbles. This is a highly nutritious recipe with minimum fat and oil.
- Soak the dal for around 45 minutes.
- Drain and keep aside.
- Soak the red chillies and hing in water for 5 minutes.
- Combine the dal, red chillies and himg and blend in a mixer a coarse paste.
- Transfer in a bowl, add salt and divide the mixture into small rounds.
- Steam the in a steamer for 10-15 minutes.
- Cool the steamed laddoos and break them to small crumbles.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai, add the mustard, hing and curry leaves.
- When the seeds crackle, add the cooked vegetable and broken dal laddoos, mix well and cook on low flame for 3 to 5 mins.
- Remove from the flame and serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by vasupradha on 13 Oct 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.