Parathas Stuffed with Vegetables and Cheese
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 556 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 121374 times
This delectable dish will go down well with people of all ages, as it has a broad mix of ingredients with something that will appeal to everybody. Assorted veggies, finely chopped, are sautéed with a tempering of jeera and mixed with cheese to make a mouth-watering stuffing for these parathas. A mix of plain and whole wheat flours is used to make this sumptuous paratha as these proportions keep the dough elastic enough to house an elaborate stuffing. Serve the Parathas Stuffed with Vegetables and Cheese fresh off the tava before the cheese becomes chewy.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl, mix well and knead into a semi-soft dough using enough water.
- Cover with a lid and keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Heat the ghee in a broad non-stick pan, add the cumin seeds and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the chopped vegetables, green peas, prepared paste and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 7 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Switch off the flame, and mash the vegetables coarsely using a potato masher.
- Add the cheese, coriander and mix well. Keep aside to cool completely.
- Divide the stuffing into 7 equal portions and keep aside.
- Divide the dough into 14 equal portions.
- Roll out 2 portions of the dough into a 150 mm. (6”) diameter circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Place a rolled circle on a clean, dry surface, spread one portion of the stuffing evenly over it. Cover it with another rolled circle and press it gently to seal the edges.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook the paratha, using a little ghee , till it turns golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Repeat steps 3 to 5 to make 6 more parathas.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per paratha
|Vitamin A||569.7 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1.7 mg|
|Vitamin C||21.2 mg|
|Folic Acid||14.3 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.