Parathas Stuffed with Vegetables and Cheese
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 559 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 144840 times
This delectable dish will go down well with people of all ages, as it has a broad mix of ingredients with something that will appeal to everybody. Assorted veggies, finely chopped, are sautéed with a tempering of jeera and mixed with cheese to make a mouth-watering stuffing for these parathas. A mix of plain and whole wheat flours is used to make this sumptuous paratha as these proportions keep the dough elastic enough to house an elaborate stuffing. Serve the Parathas Stuffed with Vegetables and Cheese fresh off the tava before the cheese becomes chewy.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl, mix well and knead into a semi-soft dough using enough water.
- Cover with a lid and keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Heat the ghee in a broad non-stick pan, add the cumin seeds and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the chopped vegetables, green peas, prepared paste and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 7 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Switch off the flame, and mash the vegetables coarsely using a potato masher.
- Add the cheese, coriander and mix well. Keep aside to cool completely.
- Divide the stuffing into 7 equal portions and keep aside.
- Divide the dough into 14 equal portions.
- Roll out 2 portions of the dough into a 150 mm. (6”) diameter circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Place a rolled circle on a clean, dry surface, spread one portion of the stuffing evenly over it. Cover it with another rolled circle and press it gently to seal the edges.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook the paratha, using a little ghee , till it turns golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Repeat steps 3 to 5 to make 6 more parathas.
- Serve immediately.
Parathas Stuffed with Vegetables and Cheese recipe with step by step photos
If you like the recipe, given below is the list to similar recipes :
To make dough for vegetable and cheese paratha, in a deep bowl, take plain flour.
Add whole wheat flour. We have used a combination of maida and atta to keep the paratha healthy yet soft.
Add ghee. Ghee can be replaced with oil or butter.
Add salt to taste.
Gradually, add water to combine all the ingredients.
Mix well and knead into a semi-soft dough using enough water. Our dough for parathas stuffed with vegetables and cheese is ready.
Cover with a lid and keep aside for 15 minutes.
After 15 minutes, divide the dough into 14 equal portions.
To prepare a smooth paste to perk up the parathas stuffed with vegetable and cheese, in a mixer jar or mortar add roughly chopped green chillies.
Add chopped coriander.
Add chopped ginger.
Add 3 tbsp of water.
Grind to a smooth paste or pound using a pestle and keep aside.
To prepare the stuffing for parathas stuffed with veggies and cheese, heat the ghee in a broad non-stick pan.
When the ghee is hot and melted, add the cumin seeds.
Sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
Add the finely chopped carrots. You can add any vegetables of your choice like grated beetroot, bottle gourd, cabbage, etc. Also, you can add chopped methi, spinach to the vegetable and cheese paratha dough.
Next, add the cauliflower.
Add finely chopped potatoes. Make sure that all the veggies are either finely chopped or grated. This helps in rolling the vegetable and cheese paratha easily.
Add green peas.
Add finely chopped green chillies. Alternatively, you can make use of red chilli powder or skip adding the chillies altogether as we have already added chillies in the spicy paste.
Add the prepared paste.
Add salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 7 minutes while stirring occasionally.
Switch off the flame and mash the vegetables coarsely using a potato masher.
Add the cheese.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per paratha
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.